Device Synch: Playlists Disappearing and/or Not Synching

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

DMLCo

Device Synch: Playlists Disappearing and/or Not Synching

Post by DMLCo »

I use MM5 to Synch with FiiO M9 running MMA via USB cable.

Playlists seem to synch pretty randomly. Of the 8 or so playlists marked to synch, 3-4 synch almost every time. The others tend not to synch, and sometimes disappear after synching once or twice.

This behavior continued across a total "reset to factory settings" of the FiiO where I added one playlist at a time for the first few.

I'm stumped as to how to actually troubleshoot it, and have been reduced to somewhat randomly removing playlists from the MM5 end, deleting them through the MMA interface, etc. Nothing has produced consistent, reproducible results.

Currently, 5 playlists with over 20k songs *are* synched, but 4 others are not.

Any ideas or logs to check or anything like that?
This used to show my recently played tracks. Sad to see @lozzd's tool go dark.
Peke

Re: Device Synch: Playlists Disappearing and/or Not Synching

Post by Peke »

Hi,
For full compatibility it is suggested/recommended to use WiFi Sync in order to get playlist correctly synced to devices due the limitation of using physical M3U files thru syncing over USB.

NOTE: Based on user feedback of M9 if users want MMA can be obtained/purchased from Amazon store that can be easily installed on M9 Since FW1.0.6 (go to "Settings -> General > About device" and tap 7 times on 'Kernel version' to remove the limitation, and then reboot the player). Which will be allow you to install any third-party apps including Amazon app store thru File Management (see below) when you copy downloaded APK to SDcard.

However, kindly note that the player might act slow if running with too many apps, so pay attention on used resources.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
DMLCo

Post by DMLCo »

Yeah, I was the one who originally posted how to get the M9 to work.

I will try to get wifi synch to work--it was refusing to cooperate since I reset the M9. Will do that and report back.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
:( hate when devices that works normal stop working.

Keep us posted on the progress, there was no FiiO users feedback recently except few using M11 and that it is working. I am curious how M9 coup up now.
Best regards,
Peke
DMLCo

Post by DMLCo »

Sorry about the long delay in response.

Synching via wifi works! Some notes

* Synching via USB cable first--even if it doesn't fully "work" is highly recommended for large databases, as it gets the files onto the FiiO faster, reducing the time of the initial wifi synch.
* If the FiiO doesn't see the MM synch server, check your Windows Service (if applicable), and reboot the FiiO.

And, of course, remember that you have to go through the steps listed elsewhere in the forum (search my username or FiiO M9) to install MM fully on the FiiO to begin with.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I see less and less Improvements for older devices by FiiO. Hate when this happen (not just with FiiO) where fully capable device simply gets no updates, as limited R&D is moved to newer devices :(
Best regards,
Peke