scanning library not working

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Paul Emmelot

scanning library not working

Post by Paul Emmelot »

Hi Monkeys,

Caught my attention that MM5 is not updating my scanned folder automatically. Every time I start the application I have to start it manual although it's set to continiously.
When I try to add an extra folder in the context menu, I get the Add/rescan pop-up, but the tick for the previous added folder is ticked off.
It'll only start scanning when I envoke the add/scan dialog in the contect menu in the media tree/location. Once started it does pick up on added files, not on deleted files. Scan on start up works fine.

MM5 version 5.0.3.2600 WINVER 22538.1010 (W11)

Kind regards, Paul
Lowlander

Re: scanning library not working

Post by Lowlander »

Did you enable Folder Monitoring's Startup Scan: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... he_Library
Paul Emmelot

Post by Paul Emmelot »

Currently expiriencing a lot of problems with MM5. Hangs on deletion of tracks (have to restart the application). I cant figure out why there is scanning "at start up & continious" and "continious" when the latter doesnt start scanning. If it doens't start, it isn't doing anything continiously.

Tried to open the add/scan menu via options > library, the pop-up got lost between the main window and the options window, so I couldn't navigate any longer. Re-started the application, still the same. Rebooted PC, now it's back to normal and scanning continiously. It still doesn't pick up on deleted files, only on added files.

Anyway, a lot if issues while navigating through folders. Today I ended up restarting the application about 20 times, sending error reports. The error reports don't always come through tho, that one also hangs in the proces.

Last thing I noted is that auto completion doesn't pick up on spaces. E.g. on genre when I have "house" and "house vocal" as genre's in the library. I have entered "house" but when I want to correct it and add a space after, it doesnt suggest "house vocal". Not a biggy, just something that worked flawles in MM4.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

As you're on a beta you may want to start with updating to the latest beta: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... 86639&sd=d

and if you experience crashes/white screens, please capture them in a debug log (step 4b) and attach the log to a Support Ticket: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=86643
Paul Emmelot

Post by Paul Emmelot »

Updated, still some issues remain:
1. track deletion is not recognized by monitoring. (deleting a file in file explorer)
2. continious scaning / start-up & continious scanning? Confusing. When continious scanning doesn't start, it's not doing anything contiously.
3. spaces arent recognized in auto-complete.

I'll keep reporting on crashes as I usually do.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

1) Please capture this in a debug log.
2) Continuous scan will pick up any changes made while MediaMonkey is running. It won't run scans, but instead see the changes made outside of MediaMonkey.
3) Auto-Complete is no longer in-line (which prevents erroneous entries) and space doesn't trigger as you could also go and enter a multiple value.
allwi

Post by allwi »

Hi, I don't want to hijack this thread but I'm also facing some issues with the library scanning.

I configured my library folder as 'start-up & continuous scanning'.
The start-up scanning works fine and I faced no issues. But the continuous scanning never seem to start.
I added 10 new track to a sub-folder yesterday evening at around 8pm. I checked the library this morning at 7am but the new tracks weren't included. When I did a manual rescan, the tracks were found and added to the library.

I'm running MM5.0.3.2601 on that server (i.e. not the latest beta but almost).

I had the same behaviour with a previous version (MM5.0.2.xxx) but wasn't sure, if I may not have waited long enough. That's the reason why I waited this time until the next day.

I'm not sure how I should capture a debug log or for how long because the issue is that something isn't happening and not an error.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Are the files stored on an internal hard drive or elsewhere?