MM stopped importing SD card songs

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

thinkfast

MM stopped importing SD card songs

Post by thinkfast »

I've used MM for a few years and have always had my music on the SD Card (currently Samsung Galaxy S9, Android 10 latest release). A few days ago I added songs to the SD card and MM imported them. Then later I got the popup message about if it should check for new files which I did, and then the new songs were no longer in MM, and they are of course still on the SD card.

Many times I tried "check for new/changed media" and it says "scanning started" but new songs were not imported. Then in "choose library folders" I deleted the SD card with the intention of re-adding it hoping it would pull in all songs, but then it wouldn't get any of the songs on the SD card even though it's selected and you can see all the songs when selecting the folder.

I uninstalled and reinstalled MM and restarted the phone several times and nothing helps. Then I tried other media players and they can also "see" the files on the SD card but none of them import the songs either so I'm thinking it might be an issue with the android update that came a few days ago. Yes I granted file access to the apps when they requested it.

Any ideas for a fix? Thanks!