Automatically retain X prev. files in Playing List [#18776]

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

allwi

Automatically retain X prev. files in Playing List [#18776]

Post by allwi »

MM5 has in Auto-DJ/Playing List the option:
Automatically retain X previous files in Playing List

I can't figure out what it does and don't find any reference to this setting in the online docu.

My assumption was that earlier (than the configured value) played tracks are removed so that the 'playing list' shrinks over time. But this doesn't happen, at least not on my machine.

So what is this setting meant for?
Lowlander

Re: Automatically retain X prev. files in Playing List

Post by Lowlander »

Yes, that is what it does: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... aying_list It retains the x amount of recently played files above the file that's playing, and removes anything that's been played before this.

Which Build (Help > About) are you using and is Shuffle enabled?

It worked for me on 5.0.3.2602.
allwi

Post by allwi »

Still 5.0.2.2531 on this machine.

I confirmed that this doesn't happen for me. I set the config to retain 1 track for when the 2nd track after one track is played, the previous track is still visible in the Playing pane.
I play a local playlist but the tracks are on another MM5 server which acts as an UPnP server.

If I have the same issue with the latest beta, I'll collect the logs and raise a support ticket.
Thanks for confirming my understanding (btw I completely missed that this setting was already part of MM4. I wrote a script exactly for this purpose :oops: )
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
If you want to use that option in MM5 and also want to use shuffle here is how it is done in MM unless you want to use custom scripts that tracks playbacks and delete tracks as made in script.

Try these steps:
1. Set Auto DJ to maintain 1 upcoming track, retain 0 played tracks -> Disable Shuffle
2. Clear Now Playing
3. Select 3+ tracks on DLNA Server you want to play (As noted in Ticket you posted)
4. Right click -> Play Shuffle -> Now

It should behave like you wanted and playback will be shuffled, while MM will remove all tracks except previous one only.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

FYI: The issue is being tracked as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=18776