I need mediamonkey for a smart home on smarthub

To discuss development of addons / skins / customization of MediaMonkey.

Moderators: jiri, drakinite, Addon Administrators

hagi14

I need mediamonkey for a smart home on smarthub

Post by hagi14 »

I need mediamonkey for a smart home on smarthub.Can u make it ?
drakinite

Re: I need mediamonkey for a smart home on smarthub

Post by drakinite »

We'd need more info, such as what operating system this specific smart home device runs. The long term future plan is to bring MediaMonkey onto Linux, but it's not on the roadmap yet.
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
hagi14

Post by hagi14 »

Google Nest Hub
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

Ok, and are you asking to have MediaMonkey itself run on the Nest Hub, or are you looking to have MM run on a computer and cast your music to the hub?
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
hagi14

Post by hagi14 »

Looking to have MM run on a computer and cast my music to the hub. Can you make please?
hagi14

Post by hagi14 »

drakinite wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:20 pm Ok, and are you asking to have MediaMonkey itself run on the Nest Hub, or are you looking to have MM run on a computer and cast your music to the hub?
Looking to have MM run on a computer and cast my music to the hub. Can you make please?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Main problem with HUB is that he pull tracks of sources, you can't push tracks to hub. Chromecast works as push not as pull.

If you want something like "Play I want it all by Queen in MediaMonkey" then someone needs to create specific HUB app and intents in order to be able to play tracks from MM.

It is bit low priority as it is completely another product enviroment outside main MM features.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
hagi14

Post by hagi14 »

Peke wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:58 am Hi,
Main problem with HUB is that he pull tracks of sources, you can't push tracks to hub. Chromecast works as push not as pull.

If you want something like "Play I want it all by Queen in MediaMonkey" then someone needs to create specific HUB app and intents in order to be able to play tracks from MM.

It is bit low priority as it is completely another product enviroment outside main MM features.
Is ok