Create new collection - struggling with the details

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

terrypin

Create new collection - struggling with the details

Post by terrypin »

I'm sure I must be making heavy weather of this! I want to make a new collection of files. I could do so relatively easily in a new Win 10 folder, dragging in selected files from various other folders. However as those folders would themselves first have to be populated using MM4, to meet my specified genres and composers etc, I'd really like to do it all inside MM4. I've studied the documentation but would appreciate further help please.

To start with, how do I restrict the source to the specific external USB drive on which I have assembled the bulk of my intended files? The equivalent using File Explorer is intuitive and familiar. But how do I specify the input folder/subfolders in MM4?

EDIT #1:
Is it perhaps done after the first steps? IOW by sorting by Path and then deleting (from library only!) all except the one required?

EDIT #2:
That does seem to have worked. But it shows that I need to add many more files, some by extending the criteria, and some more by including all files in certain folders. What is the easiest workflow to do that please?
Terry, East Grinstead, UK
MM 5.0.2.2532 (Gold), i7 4.0 GHz running Win 10 Pro
MM 4.1.31.1919 (Gold)
IanRTaylorUK

Re: Create new collection - struggling with the details

Post by IanRTaylorUK »

Hi Terry,

Try:

Path/Filename contains "E:\Downloads"

in the Criteria tab of the Collection Options. If you use the Match ALL, then you could add other criteria e.g. Genre.
Ian Taylor