Show Playlist by Artist

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

byronomo

Show Playlist by Artist

Post by byronomo »

Is there a way to select a playlist and then show the contents of that playlist organized by artist?
IanRTaylorUK

Re: Show Playlist by Artist

Post by IanRTaylorUK »

Hi Byronnomo,

By default when you select a Playlist in the left hand side "tree node" of MMW4 it display in the # order. You may need to set the main display to Show Details using the View menu.

To over-ride this default sort, click on the column you want to sort by e.g. Artist or Album Artist.

The column title will then display a triangle, click the column title again to reverse the sort order.

If the "column" you wish to sort by is not shown, right click the column titles row and add / remove to improve the display.

Drag and drop columns to the preferred order.
Ian Taylor
byronomo

Post by byronomo »

Thank you for your replay.

Here is an example of what I'm trying to accomplish:

Let's say I've created a playlist containing 1000 songs from a variety of artists, albums and genres. I've then synched that playlist on an Android device so that it is playable from that device even when not connected to a WiFi or cellular network.

On a given day, I want to listen to the playlist but only the songs by The Beatles (let's say 75 out of 1000 songs in the playlist). On some other day, I want to listen to the playlist but only the songs by R.E.M. (let's say 30 out of 1000 songs in the playlist).

Is there a way to do this from the Android app (MediaMonkey Pro)?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
yes, if you ant to filter some tracks then you use search which will allow you to choose tab corresponding to search query e. Search Beatles and you will have option to select tracks/Artist/Albums that contain searched Beatles and then play just those.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Andre_H

Post by Andre_H »

Or you select one Beatles song, and press that lens icon, and then "more from (Artist)".
- MMW 5.0.4.2690 (non-portable, shared DB & files) on Windows 2016 # only essential addons # my 24/7 media server
- MMW MMW 5.0.4.2690 (non-portable, shared DB & files) on Windows 10 # playing, testing skins & addons # my desktop app
- MMA Pro (2.0.0.1063) on Android 10, 11, 12 Phones & Tabs # WiFi Sync # playing

- MP3Tag, MP3Diags, MP3DirectCut, IrfanView
byronomo

Post by byronomo »

Thanks so much for the help everyone! I think I'm back in business.