[REQ] Customisable properies dialog box

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

ed.j

[REQ] Customisable properies dialog box

Post by ed.j »

It would be AMAZING if we could have a user-defined tab in the properties dialog box/popup, and enable that tab to be the default one.

Reasoning:

I rarely use the top three fields, and never use Composer, Conductor, Lyricist or Comment. If I could replace the bottom ones with others that I do use frequently (Grouping, Publisher, Custom fields), that would be really really really appreciated and make life a lot quicker.
Peke

Re: [REQ] Customisable properies dialog box

Post by Peke »

Hi,
You mean something like Dialog designer here you can choose your favorite fields?

Have not tried it fully thru code, but there should be a possibility that addons add custom properties dialog (made few in MM4), thus I am not sure that default one can be defined.

Also I ma not sure what exactly you propose and what you think about my suggestion?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
ed.j

Re: [REQ] Customisable properies dialog box

Post by ed.j »

If you mean by dialog designer, something where you can pick and choose which fields are shown in the properties box for the selected tracks(s), then yes!

Let's say, for example, when I right click a track -> properties, the "Basic" tab can show Publisher instead of Composer and Grouping instead of Conductor... etc etc

I have literally no idea about coding..... is there a subforum where I can suggest or request this? :D