Progress bar in default skin is difficult to see.

Get help for different MediaMonkey 5 Addons.

Moderators: jiri, drakinite, Addon Administrators

allvodi

Progress bar in default skin is difficult to see.

Post by allvodi »

And not just the progress bar. The circular indicator is not always utilized to show that something is going on such as when a large number of files are having their volume leveled.
ssaunders

Re: Progress bar in default skin is difficult to see.

Post by ssaunders »

+1 for this.

An idea? Hover near the bar and it gets fatter, indicating the clickable region. It already looks like the click area for the bar extends down a bit. That idea would make the circular indicator look silly, though.

Another? Move the bar down a few pixels to the middle of the playing progress time text, make it a whisker fatter, then highlight behind the line/circular indicator on mouse-over to indicate the clickable area. This would achieve a clickable area both above and below the line.

I did find clicking the bar to skip forward/backward awkward in the past until I relaised I could click underneath it.

S.
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

Hey there. Am I missing something? I don't think that the progress bar has a clickable region. Are you referring to this bar, at the bottom of the window?
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
ssaunders

Post by ssaunders »

I thought the OP was referring in the post title to the bar below, given the whole circular indicator thing. Quite possibly I am wrong, as that's definitely not what volume leveling/add/etc jobs display like.

In the Material Design (Dark) theme the leveling/add/etc jobs are a little hard to see as orange on orange. It did my head in, so switched to the blue Material Design as that's super clear red on blue.

Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I for example always have WaveBar as a seek bar not standard seek bar so I do not have such issues, but yes it is dependent on skins, try Metro M classic from latest builds.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

Ahhh, my bad, thanks for the clarification.

Actually, it's pretty simple to change colors on the skin by yourself, if you'd like to. It has several steps, but especially if you know your way around files, it won't be difficult.

Step 1) Go into your MM install directory, and open the "Skins" folder
Step 2) Create a new folder, for example "Material Design Modified"
Step 3) Open "Material Design.zip", copy the contents, and paste them into your new folder
Step 4) Inside your new folder, open skin/skin_slider_add.less
Step 5) On the top, where you see "@sliderColorHighlight: @accentColor;", change "@accentColor" to the color code of your choice. You can go to http://colorpicker.com or http://hexpicker.com/ to get a color code. For example:

Code: Select all

@sliderColorHighlight: #ffe59d;
This will cause it to be a nice pale yellow, instead of light orange.
Step 6) In order for MediaMonkey to not be confused between the default skin and your modified skin, open info.json (again, inside your new folder). Change the second and third lines to the following: (Make sure to keep the commas at the end; also, you can change it to whatever else you named your folder)

Code: Select all

"title": "Material Design Modified",
    "id": "Material Design Modified",
Step 7) Now you can go back to MediaMonkey, and switch to your modified skin!
Last edited by drakinite on Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
ssaunders

Post by ssaunders »

Now you can go back to MediaMonkey, and switch to your modified skin!
Nicely laid out, @drakinite.
Deadcool

Post by Deadcool »

This didn't work for me. Within skin_slider_add.less I configured

@sliderColorHighlight: #38298d;

and I changed the info.json to denote a different Title and ID. However, even after selecting the newly created skin and restarting, the View > Skin shows that the new skin is selected but I'm still seeing the default Orange color.

MM version 5.0.3.2622
Deadcool

Post by Deadcool »

Does this functionality no longer work?
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

Deadcool wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 12:28 pm This didn't work for me. Within skin_slider_add.less I configured

@sliderColorHighlight: #38298d;

and I changed the info.json to denote a different Title and ID. However, even after selecting the newly created skin and restarting, the View > Skin shows that the new skin is selected but I'm still seeing the default Orange color.

MM version 5.0.3.2622
Deadcool wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 8:53 am Does this functionality no longer work?
Apologies for the delay. It should still work. It's probably a caching issue (The LESS file gets compiled into CSS, and is saved as a file so it doesn't have to be recompiled every time). Try either of the following:

1. Go to %appdata%/MediaMonkey5 and delete all skin_*.css files and restart MediaMonkey
or
2. Install Refresh Skin Shortcut (https://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/brow ... -shortcut/) and use the toolbar button to refresh the skin.