Involved People tag/field

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

kawika

Involved People tag/field

Post by kawika »

I have to admit defeat. I've been going through my collection and adding each involved artist on a track by track basis into the artist field. This was going great, because I'd be able search artists and pull up *everything* the played on (i.e. searching for Steve Vai would pull up his work with Zappa, solo, Whitesnake, and guest spots). However, the DJ software I'm starting to use lists every name in the artist field, making it difficult to see the name of the song in the queue, so I need to alter course.

I noticed there's an "Involved People" field in the artist view on MMW. I thought this might be a good place to put the individual names of the band members and guest artists. But, I can't figure out how to manually tag so that names will appear in this field in MMW (tagging through MMW presents another problem with information going missing or getting truncated on occasion). Is there a way to find out the value I can enter manually to get Involved People to populate? Also, assuming this is possible, how can I search for information in this field? I tried a general search in MMW and the tracks did not come up in the results.

Thanks.
Lowlander

Re: Involved People tag/field

Post by Lowlander »

Make sure you enable Involved People for Search.

Involved People can be tagged on the Properties > Details tab, and you can enable it as a column.
kawika

Post by kawika »

Thank you! My eyes just ran over the field in Details somehow.
kawika

Post by kawika »

Unfortunately, the conflict with Windows persists, so I have to make the choice of having full data fields in MMW and missing data on the actual file or mostly complete data that any player can read and missing data in MMW.

Unfortunately, having the correct data on the actual file so other programs can read it is more important. *le sigh*
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It depends on which File Type if Involved People is saved to the file itself: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... erties/5.0
kawika

Post by kawika »

I've tried entering in IPLS as an additional tag to the mp3 file directly (both capitalized and lower case) and it isn't populating the Involved People field. I also tried Involved People as the tag and also no joy on that. Unless I'm misunderstanding how to enter the tag, I'll just have to take the info from the artist field and enter it into Band (dbpoweramp adds this as an option) to at least preserve the information I've researched and input.