Sync Samsung S21 FE 5G

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

Zonky

Sync Samsung S21 FE 5G

Post by Zonky »

Hi!

While connecting my Samsung SE21 FE 5g, running MMA, to MMW5, I get two device profiles created in MMW.
One for "Internal Memory 1" and another for "Internal Memory 2".

The Samsung S21 FE does not have any slot for a memory card, so both profiles point to same internal memory. I guess I already know the reason for this behaviour: Android is capable of creating internal accounts to separate messenger app, e.g. to hide contacts or other data from each other.

I've previously created two WhatsApp installation on my phone: one for SIM 1 and another one for SIM 2, to distinguish between my private and work contacts.

Obviously, Android internally creates a second user profile which results in two separated memory spaces, although it uses the same memory. MMW then assumes further, that the phone has got two memory areas to which it could synchronize.

Anyway, my issue is that I cannot remove the unneeded device profile from MMW. Neither delete or disable it helps. So how can I get rid of one of those profiles, to not re-appear in MMW?

Michael
Lowlander

Re: Sync Samsung S21 FE 5G

Post by Lowlander »

You should be able to Disable with a right click on the device in the Media Tree. This means that MediaMonkey won't attempt to Sync to it.
Zonky

Post by Zonky »

So did I already, however, the challenge is, to hide this item permanently :wink:
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You can only disable.
Zonky

Post by Zonky »

:-?

Thanks anyway!