MM5 strips .mkv file tags

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

martialartsguy

MM5 strips .mkv file tags

Post by martialartsguy »

I've noticed that I'll have an mkv video on playback and at some point (I'm unable to figure out when), the tags will get stripped out. Not all of them, but oftentimes it's the following tags: Title, Artist, Album, Genre. The Date remains the same, and the Filename doesn't get removed, but these tags do (as in they're totally blank).

I have a hard time replicating this. I think it might happen after I've watched, paused, watched, paused for a number of times (which I usually do). But it doesn't happen with a full stop that I can tell, nor after a restart of MM.

This has happened with a variety of video files, but they're all .mkv format.

EDIT: I'm using 5.0.3.2627
MM Gold since 2006
Peke

Re: MM5 strips .mkv file tags

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Please try and use 5.0.4.2653+ for testing. I am trying whole day and can't replicate :(
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
MiPi

Post by MiPi »

For MM5 MKV is read-only format, we do not have editing tags implemented, I do not see any way how MM5 could strip tags out from the file itself, as it cannot edit it at all.
martialartsguy

Post by martialartsguy »

Thanks for the replies. I can't really replicate as it appears to happen at random.

While MM5 doesn't add tags to the file itself, it still creates tags in the Database, correct?

I'm running the testing version, so if it happens in the meantime, then I'll submit.
MM Gold since 2006
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Yes, the MediaMonkey Library will contain any changes you made in MediaMonkey to the MKV files. MediaMonkey just can't write the changes to the MKV files themselves.