HowTo?: disable Stop/Start in "Playing"

To discuss development of addons / skins / customization of MediaMonkey.

Moderators: jiri, drakinite, Addon Administrators

Timo_Beil

HowTo?: disable Stop/Start in "Playing"

Post by Timo_Beil »

If "Playing" is called in the main panel, a single click anywhere in the window is sufficient to stop/start the playback. (Except in the list view)
This leads to surprising interruptions (especially if I'm fuzzing arround with a trackpad).
Is there a way in the skin to turn off this function?

[REQ]: Or even more ingenious: How about a mouse click triggered player-control that pops up similar to the window control in the upper right corner of "Playing"? A Player replacement for the fullscreen mode.
MM 2024.0.0.3005-port-DE, Win 11 pro, I7-6700, 16GB RAM, DB & Media>TrueNAS
drakinite

Re: HowTo?: disable Stop/Start in "Playing"

Post by drakinite »

The play/pause on click functionality is defined in controls/backgroundImage.js. It listens for a click on its parent element and then runs the play/pause action.

Try adding this code to controls/backgroundImage_add.js in an addon:

Code: Select all

BackgroundImage.prototype.override({
    initialize: function($super, parentel, params) {
        $super(parentel, params);
        app.unlisten(this.container, 'click');
    }
});
References:
- General info on how to make an addon: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/Gettin ... iaMonkey_5
- ClassName.prototype.override: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/Import ... )#Override
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.