[SOLVED] No Sound when MMA paired with Hyundai Sonata which supports Android Auto

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

Pedro675

[SOLVED] No Sound when MMA paired with Hyundai Sonata which supports Android Auto

Post by Pedro675 »

Have latest MM installed on Android phone linked to Hyundai Sonata which supports Android Auto. Phone is connected to USB in car.

Cannot get any sound. The songs are playing as I can see on the progress wheel, but no sound. I've searched and searched and made adjustments to AA and MM on phone and car media from online help (there were a lot of complaints) but still no sound. Sound is not muted either on phone or car.

Need help! Why is this so hard. Why does MM make it so hard?????
Peke

Re: No Sound

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Pedro675 wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:43 amNeed help! Why is this so hard. Why does MM make it so hard?????
MMA do not control AA output it is left on AA and Phone manufacturer to handle, MMA just recognize commands and play music there is no way to control which output is used and also MMA do not control Volume at all.

Tested on my aftermarket Head unit and in friends Honda CR-v and had no issues, can you check if AA has enough permissions to access phone audio and that phone support USB Audio transfer.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Pedro675

Post by Pedro675 »

Thanks for answering.

"can you check if AA has enough permissions to access phone audio and that phone support USB Audio transfer."

All permissions are allowed. My Hyundai is listed under "Accepted cars". I did get sound briefly when playing with settings etc but could not reproduce magic set of options. I don't know how find enable/unenable USB transfer.

USB debugging is enabled.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
On Android 9+ You shoul dbe able to have USB connection settings in notification Bar.
Pedro675 wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:03 pmI did get sound briefly when playing with settings etc but could not reproduce magic set of options.
Unfortunately that proves MMA is not the reason :(
Best regards,
Peke
Pedro675

Post by Pedro675 »

SOLVED - SORT OF!

"Unfortunately that proves MMA is not the reason"

Yes I found that out. Appears to be a quirk in the Hyundai Sonata sound setup. I have AA installed and all proper settings in AA. It shows on the car's screen with MM.

BUT, for some reason to get sound in the car speakers I need to go to the cars Setup screen to "Sound" to "Volume" and reinitiate the volume control (even though it listed) for AA every time I connect to AA and MM. Really stupid design. Option to connect automatically is checked.

I need to contact Hyundai and see if there's a fix.

Thanks for input.
Pedro675

Re: No Sound - Solved

Post by Pedro675 »

Fully Solved!

On the control panel is a button for radio and a media button. There is also a manual volume control knob up/down/off/on.

With phone connected via USB, push "Media" button, select AA, open MM select from music library, press volume button to on.

For some reason this needs to be done every time after connecting to AA, but it makes it easy.
Peke

Re: No Sound - Solved

Post by Peke »

Pedro675 wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:54 am Fully Solved!

On the control panel is a button for radio and a media button. There is also a manual volume control knob up/down/off/on.

With phone connected via USB, push "Media" button, select AA, open MM select from music library, press volume button to on.

For some reason this needs to be done every time after connecting to AA, but it makes it easy.
Great, thank you for update. I changed Title of the topic so that it state solved case.
Also I would like to thank you for patience in proving that MMA was not the reason for having no sound.
Happy Monkeying!
Best regards,
Peke