Custom "Type" field

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

frankenpod

Custom "Type" field

Post by frankenpod »

Is there any way to set the "type" field to something other than the fixed choices of music, podcast, audiobook, classical music, music video...etc?

Some "tracks" aren't really any of those, being, for example, recordings of old radio programs, or my own - digitised - recordings of conversations or something. By default they end up being classed as 'music', which means they clutter up the album list view when actually looking for music. Mostly I change them to 'podcast', but that's not really accurate either (and then they seem to appear in the podcast subscription list). Really they need to have a custom 'type', like "radio show" or "my recording" or just 'Other'. There's "TV" but not sure if that expects a video codec?
Peke

Re: Custom "Type" field

Post by Peke »

Hi,
No, that is why you can create collections with criteria that will filter/show only tracks specific to "radio show" or "my recording" or just 'Other'.
frankenpod wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:41 pmSome "tracks" aren't really any of those, being, for example, recordings of old radio programs, or my own - digitised - recordings of conversations or something.
I for example have them classified as Podcasts -> then created collection containing only them, Then Edited Podcasts so that they exclude Those tracks.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts