Podcast sorting option?

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

cb80

Podcast sorting option?

Post by cb80 »

After Syncing downloaded podcasts from the desktop application (MM Gold v 4.1.5.1719) which appear to be sort by default in the manner I would expect, Release Date -> Track #, the same podcasts are sorted differently by default in the Android application , Release Date -> Track Name Alphabetically.

It would be great to have a podcast (or generic) sort option (without having to manually create a playlist or rearrange Now Playing) to make the android app sort the same way as the desktop application.

Or maybe I'm just missing something?

Android info:
Samsung Galaxy S5
Android 5.0
MediaMonkey Pro 1.0.7.0313

Thanks!
rusty

Re: Podcast sorting option?

Post by rusty »

You're not missing anything. We plan on adding improved sorting options in v 1.2.

Thanks for your patience!

-Rusty
GMM

Post by GMM »

I'm running v1.2.0.0624 but I can't see any way to sort Podcasts. Has this feature been added yet, and if so where might I find it?
rusty

Post by rusty »

Sorry it was pushed to 2.0.

-Rusty
bobster151

Post by bobster151 »

Hi Rusty, any idea when 2.0 is due out?
rusty

Post by rusty »

After 1.3 ;-)

A little more seriously though: we just posted 1.3.0.682 as a beta build, though we consider it to be an RC and hope to release it next week. Then we'll be working full time on 2.0 (unless there's a need for some urgent fixes to 1.3.x).

In general, we try for releases every couple of months, but no promises.

-Rusty
KeithC

Post by KeithC »

So you've been working full-time on 2.0 for five years? :D
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
For consideration MM5 was developed for 7 years ;)
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
KeithC

Post by KeithC »

Would really like podcasts to play in date order. Some just don't make sense in any other order. Is this on the list for 2.0?
KeithC

Post by KeithC »

Pinging in to boost this one. I can't be the only person who wants to listen to podcasts in date order. Many are series and make no sense in any other order. In my case, I would like to be able to play all my podcasts in strict date order - regardless of the actual podcast.
KeithC

Post by KeithC »

I have found a workaround. It's not ideal for the reason at the end, but it will do for now. Apologies if this is old news to most people, but I've not seen it mentioned anywhere.

I found that when you sync a playlist, the playing queue in MMA honours the sort, whereas syncing folders does not, at least not for podcasts. So I set up an auto-playlist on MMW searching only in Podcasts with no filtering and sorted that by date. I sync the playlist and Podcasts, though I'm not sure the latter is necessary. I then added all the entries in the playlist to the playing queue.

There is a downside - the later entries in the playlist don't get added to the playing queue automatically. Given the number of podcasts I still have to listen to, it's possible the lack of sorting outside playlists will be fixed before I get through them all :D