Mm library

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

Keithk

Mm library

Post by Keithk »

I ha,ve checked my c: drive where I store my music files and found zero duplicate music.
When I save them to mm library i get a lot of duplicates music from several artists.
I have tried deleting dups but in van
Can you advise please
Thanks
Keith
Barry4679

Re: Mm library

Post by Barry4679 »

Keithk wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:25 pm I ha,ve checked my c: drive where I store my music files and found zero duplicate music.
When I save them to mm library i get a lot of duplicates music from several artists.
Hi Keith

the humbling truth is that MM is going to be a lot better at finding duplicates. than a mere human.
When I save them to mm library
MM doesn't "save" your tracks into its library.
The tracks stay where they are, and MM just indexes what it finds.
It can't make duplicates.

What type of Duplicate Reports did you run to detect the problem you are asking about?
eg Which report from Music>FilesToEdit.

It is expected that "Duplicate titles" will show a lot of duplicates ... ie. it is common to have multiple tracks with the same name, ie. many artists may have recorded versions of that song.

"Duplicate Titles/Artists" will have fewer incidents, but it will still show duplicates wherever you have multiple versions of a track, by the same artist ... ie the original album version, and a live version, and a version on Best Of type album, etc.

Both of these reports show which tracks are "duplicated", and also where each of them reside (ie. the Path column in those reports).

If you do see truly duplicated entries for the same track, can you paste here the Path value for each of the copies please?
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.