I really miss Monkeyflow

Get help for different MediaMonkey 5 Addons.

Moderators: jiri, drakinite, Addon Administrators

wowflutter2

I really miss Monkeyflow

Post by wowflutter2 »

Is there a way to make Monkeyflow work in MM5?
This was my favorite feature.
I can't even get it to work with MM4 anymore.
I like it to spin to the current album playing automatically. I can't figure out how to make 3D album flow do this at all.
drakinite

Re: I really miss Monkeyflow

Post by drakinite »

Switch to 3D Album View in the Playing node. The controls are disabled in the Playing node and it will automatically scroll to the currently-playing album at each song change.
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
wownflutter2

Post by wownflutter2 »

Mine only shows a genaric Mediamonkey image and it doesn't scroll to currently play album.
wownflutter2

Post by wownflutter2 »

I see now that it's because my playlist is just too big.
I use random album play, so my playlist has 140,000 songs in it. A smaller playlist works.

I still like Monkeyflow 10 times more.
I wish the 3d album view would show the now playing in relation to my entire collection grouped by artist alphabetically.
Also I don't like to show any Artist/ Album info. When I select "none" in the settings, it shows "undefined".
crawdad63

Post by crawdad63 »

I have to say I rarely play my whole collection of nearly 108k on random but MonkeyFlow seems to be working . It takes a couple of seconds to load the albums in view once it gets to the next song.
To each his reach, but if I don't cop it ain't mine to have
George Clinton
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

wownflutter2 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:43 pm I see now that it's because my playlist is just too big.
I use random album play, so my playlist has 140,000 songs in it. A smaller playlist works.
Hi wownflutter2 . I have a question.
What's the reason for such a massive playlist? I thought playlists were generally used for people who wanted to compile a selection of songs and play them.

Are you actually playing your entire library from within a playlist? If so, it's not necessary. You can play your entire library on random without them being in a playlist. Or am I misunderstanding something?
wownflutter2

Post by wownflutter2 »

I like to have it play entire albums on Random Play. The only way I know how to do that is with Play Shuffled (by Album), which loads your entire collection in to the playlist.

MonkeyFlow did eventually load when using it this way. It just took awhile.
Now, if there was a way to remove the labels for Artist - Album and stuff.
Also would love for it to display a different sequence that what the playlist is showing, such as "sorted by artist"
Erwin Hanzl

Post by Erwin Hanzl »

I already pointed out this problem with MM4.
VIEW: "Grid (By Album)" or "List (by Album)" not only lists the albums but also "Unknown Album".
And with that, the entire collection is sent to NowPlaying.

Solution: You mark all those albums that you want to play
then: PLAY> PLAY shuffled (by Album)

Or Auto-Playlist for Albums:
Works under version: MM5.0.4.2655 and .2656 Alpha Beta

Step 1)
I am creating an auto playlist with the following criteria and sorting properties (I forgot the criterion: "Album is Known".)
Ich erstelle eine Auto-Wiedergabeliste mit folgenden Kriterien und Sortiereigenschaften

Step 2)
Activate the new auto-playlist in MediaTree
After that I create a new view ONLY for Auto Playlist (List_Auto_Playlist_Added)
Danach erstelle ich eine neue Ansicht NUR für Automatische Wiedergabeliste (List_Auto_Playlist_Added)

Step 3) fertig - finished

MMW 4.1.31.1919 Gold-Standardinstallation
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

wownflutter2 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:43 pm I wish the 3d album view would show the now playing in relation to my entire collection grouped by artist alphabetically.
Also I don't like to show any Artist/ Album info. When I select "none" in the settings, it shows "undefined".
You reminded me: I released a beta version to the 3D Album View thread (https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=99528) several months ago, but forgot to release it when nobody reported any bugs.

Version 1.1.2 is nowavailable here, containing several fixes and improvements: https://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/brow ... lbum-view/

Click the "v" dropdown at the top-right corner of the main view, then click to sort by Album [title], Date, or Album Artist. Also the "undefined" thing is now fixed.

EDIT: Seems I missed something. The "sort by" checkbox thing isn't working and I'll have to figure it out. In the meantime, do this to change sorting: http://files.drakinite.net/MediaMonkey_ ... -48-03.mp4
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
Erwin Hanzl

Post by Erwin Hanzl »

@Drakinite

Thank's, works perfectly.
MMW 4.1.31.1919 Gold-Standardinstallation
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

Glad to hear :slight_smile:
wownflutter2

Post by wownflutter2 »

Yes!!!!
Thanks a ton. I seems to be working now. :D
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

wownflutter2 wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 11:30 pm Yes!!!!
Thanks a ton. I seems to be working now. :D
Np, glad to hear. FYI, sorting settings have been fixed in version 1.1.3, now released on the addon site.

Are you still having any issues with your huge playlist w/ 140k songs?
wownflutter2

Post by wownflutter2 »

Everything seems to be working well at this time. I appreciate the help.

Another thing that I kinda miss is being able to use my own background picture in 3d album flow.
Would that be too difficult to add that feature?

drakinite

Post by drakinite »

Hmm, it might be possible but reflections would have to be disabled. They're not real reflections; the images are just flipped upside down with a gradient that goes from transparent to the background color.
The illusion only works when the background is a solid color.