[BUG]/[REQ]: some minor things

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Andre_H

[BUG]/[REQ]: some minor things

Post by Andre_H »

Hi guys,

A few things I've noticed over the past few weeks:

- [REQ] Genre Filter in track properties: wouldn't it make sense to filter the selectable genres to those that actually appear in the collection? When I tag my music, I can choose genres that only exist in movies and only make sense there. Suggestion: (optional) Filter genre by collection.

- [REQ]: automaticly rename objects (playlists) when copy & paste: if you copy and paste a playlist, it will be pasted with the same name and you won't know which is the old one and which is the new one.

Scenario: I have a "Pop Genre" playlist on which a large number of other playlists are based. I copy these, then change the name to "Genre Rock", and then change criteria in the (supposed) copy. If I change the original (because it is indistinguishable), I also unintentionally change all dependent playlists - and I don't even see it directly. Suggestion: When copying/pasting, set the name of the copy to "Copy of XY" or "XY_1" or similar from the start. Then there is no more misunderstanding possible.

- [BUG?] automatic folder monitoring: when I add complete albums to my collection (folders), the folder watch works perfectly. However, if I add individual tracks to an incomplete album, the new tracks are not automatically recognized. Same when I replace an incomplete album with a complete version (eg: I have 3 out of 10 tracks of album X in my collection, copy 10/10 tracks with higher bitrate to the existing folder, overwriting the 3 existing tracks: MMW instantly recognizes the changes on the existing titles, but does not add the additional ones).

Happy Monkey'ing ... :wink:
- MMW 5.0.4.2690 (non-portable, shared DB & files) on Windows 2016 # only essential addons # my 24/7 media server
- MMW MMW 5.0.4.2690 (non-portable, shared DB & files) on Windows 10 # playing, testing skins & addons # my desktop app
- MMA Pro (2.0.0.1063) on Android 10, 11, 12 Phones & Tabs # WiFi Sync # playing

- MP3Tag, MP3Diags, MP3DirectCut, IrfanView
Lowlander

Re: [BUG]/[REQ]: some minor things

Post by Lowlander »

Please capture the Folder Monitoring problem in a debug log (step 4b) and attach the log to a Support Ticket: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=86643

This will help a developer analyze the problem.
Rob_S

Re: [BUG]/[REQ]: some minor things

Post by Rob_S »

That last above seems odd, I would like to confirm it for myself. Up to now, I have been finding when I download new tracks, usually not associated with any album until I tag them, they do appear in MM when I search for the title.

One would think the presence of a new file would be the first thing "Monitoring" would pick up on.

Are these in all cases albums (folders) stored locally (as opposed to NAS) in your normally scanned path?

How exactly were the new tracks added - by download, copy from elsewhere using a file manager, or somehow copied or synced within Mediamonkey?

Does a manual add/rescan pick them up?

Or maybe - Is it possible the "Album" tag in the new tracks does not match the original "Album" tag?? I believe MM determines album association by tag and not by folder location. Thus copying over existing tracks, even with a blank or different tag, it relies on the album association it already has made.
Using 5.1 LATEST alpha or beta build on Windows 10, HP laptop, managing 13k tracks