[REQ] Views with actual individual settings

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Deadcool

Post by Deadcool »

I have created a new Grid view where the Album Art is only 100%, however when I change either the main Grid view Album Art size or the newly created "Grid_AlbumArtist" view, the other view's art size changes as well.

I figure I must be doing something wrong, otherwise what is the point of creating new views when they all take on the same setting?
Barry4679

Re: Help with Views

Post by Barry4679 »

It looks like it could be a bug. Is being tracked here.
Deadcool wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:36 am I figure I must be doing something wrong, otherwise what is the point of creating new views when they all take on the same setting?
It is true that there is not much use creating a custom version of the Grid View.

The List Views are somewhat better supported, ie.
  • customise which columns are displayed, and the sequence in which they appear
  • customise the sequence which the tracks are displayed ... Grids do have (very) limited flexibility here, but the Lists are much more flexible
So there is some point to the Custom View facility, even though it is all fairly underwhelming.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Deadcool

Post by Deadcool »

I have created a new Grid view where the Album Art is only 100%, however when I change either the main Grid view Album Art size or the newly created "Grid_AlbumArtist" view, the other view's art size changes as well.

Please implement separate, individual settings per View. There seems no point in Views if they simply inherit another view's setting any time that setting is changed.