Files / Folders

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

PDR

Files / Folders

Post by PDR »

Is there a configuration so that MM will leave audio files in the folders I've arranged them in
Peke

Re: Files / Folders

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Can you be more precise on what you meant by that, as MM do not move files around on its own.

If you are using Auto Organize refer to https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index. ... ormats/5.0 for Destination Mask tweaking.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
PDR

Post by PDR »

I realize that MM does not actually move files, however MM categorizes your song by Artist, Albums, Etc. What I have done is categorized "My Music" to my personal taste (I have in excess of 12,500 music files), MM takes that and categorizes it based on the tag. Is there a setting to prevent that and MM accept the files as they appear in my music folder?
Peke

Post by Peke »

PDR wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:11 am Is there a setting to prevent that and MM accept the files as they appear in my music folder?
No, Android Google Media Scanner is responsible for that and MMA just picks that to add into library.
Best regards,
Peke
PDR

Post by PDR »

WOW!!! ... I've been using MM for nearly 15 years and always thought it could be done, all I needed was enough time to spend on the research to find out how .... Although I'll keep using MM, I'll need to search for another "Good" program that will fit my needs.

Thanks for your help ...
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I must say you got me confused completely. Not sure what files you want to exclude in MMA library that are in Music folder on device? Makes me wonder why not keeping them separate eg. main music in /My Music and rest in /Music while telling MMA to ignore /Music?
Best regards,
Peke
PDR

Post by PDR »

The issue is: I have already arranged the music in "My Music" the way I want it. MM re-organizes them in the program based on the meta data. For example, I have a collection of "The Top 500 Country Songs" MM in their list separates them by the Artist, album Artist, Composer ETC. I want them to stay and be listed how I have them arranged.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Can you add screenshots of how you want them (eg. explorer/My music) and how MM5 See them (eg. MM5).

If MM arrange them incorrectly them Metadata needs to be corrected according to your File/Folder structure and not around actual file metadata.

Tutorial on how to add picture in forum post can be found in my signature.
Best regards,
Peke