Filename issue

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

wolvpup35

Filename issue

Post by wolvpup35 »

Looking for a little help, I have some albums that have duplicate song titles, my example will be from The Beatles Anthology 3 album. They have 2 versions of Glass Onion. I have renamed the filename of the 2nd entry to Glass Onion(1) or Glass Onion -1, I have also done this on the file itself. The issue I see is when I close MM after the rename and reopen, it changes the filename to Glass Onion (2), and then if I close again and reopen, its renames to (3). Am I missing a setting to prevent this? its happening to a few others as well and then causes the song to show under dead links.
Lowlander

Re: Filename issue

Post by Lowlander »

Do you have Auto-Organize enabled?

Are you renaming the filenames outside of MediaMonkey instead of in MediaMonkey itself? Which Build (Help > About) of MediaMonkey are you seeing this with?
wolvpup35

Post by wolvpup35 »

I do have Auto Organize enabled

I have renamed the file both in MM and outside.

5.0.4.2663 I've also seen this with previous versions.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Then check the Auto-Organize rules. It will rename files according to those rules.

If you rename/move/delete files outside of MediaMonkey they become Dead Links in MediaMonkey (unless you use Folder Monitoring). This is best done within MediaMonkey to prevent this.
wolvpup35

Post by wolvpup35 »

The format that I am using is Artist\Album\Title I understand it will add a number after for a duplicate title, and I'm ok with that, but not sure why it continues to change it after shutdown and restart. Then the initial scan comes up and says it can't find (2) because it was renamed by MM to (3). I go in remove from library only. Could it be a tag issue for these?

I do have File Monitoring on
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Are you sure MediaMonkey is renaming the file. When MediaMonkey renames filenames it also updates the Library, thus generally an outside rename is the problem.
wolvpup35

Post by wolvpup35 »

yes positive, and just changed while I was looking at the file properties, I'm going to try and take off file monitoring and see if that makes any difference
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You may want to capture this in a debug log (step 4b) before and attach the log to a Support Ticket: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=86643

This will help a developer analyze why this happens.
wolvpup35

Post by wolvpup35 »

Thanks for your help Lowlander. I will get those logs and send them over.