MMG SD Card > Multiple Folders> Play all tracks?

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

escorial-green

MMG SD Card > Multiple Folders> Play all tracks?

Post by escorial-green »

Hi
I just updated my cell to a Galaxy S20 5g using MMPRO. on my old phone J3 all I had to do is open MM choose tracks and then it would play everything on my internal and external sd card.

Now on this cell is seems when I just open to play tracks it just reads them from my internal storage, w/ no option to include my external storage

What I'a trying to do is choose Sd Card> and just play all tracks in there ? How is this done?

I'm set up like this on my Sd card ie Rock> Folders >Blues Folders etc. sub folders albums

So if I open say Rock it will show folders of all my different groups and sub folders as various albums. I can not just pick a folder in rock and even play all the albums in that as tracks.

Now if I just as a example choose Rock> open a certain album at that point I see crooked arrow at the top of the screen to play all the tracks in that album.

In another note it's a fresh install of a 256 gb sd card w a lot of music. could the issue be that it's just gonna take some time to scann and organize everything?

I never had this issue before as I remember. I just tried A!bums and in there the arrow on top does appear and I'm able to play all that are showing

HELP

TIA
Lowlander

Re: MMG SD Card > Multiple Folders> Play all tracks?

Post by Lowlander »

Did you Scan for media files on the SD Card from the MMA Options? If not try that.

You can also use Folders on the MMA homescreen to browse content on your device and should be able to see the SD Card there.
escorial-green

Post by escorial-green »

What had happened was that I ran a apk called duplicates cleaner and after that is when this all started. The cleaner did its job but did not play well with the Monkey ;-)

Fix was to uninstalled free and pro version and re-install both. It seems to be populating tracks now as I see many from the SD card, since its 256gb its going to take a bit.

I will report back if it did not work.

BTW is there something in MM that can delete deplicate tracks?

Thanks
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

No, MMA can't manage duplicates, MM5 on Windows can: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... icates/5.0