MMA Pro and MM 5 PC tag issue

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

takezo@hotmail.com

MMA Pro and MM 5 PC tag issue

Post by takezo@hotmail.com »

Hi all, I'm using the latest version of Media Monkey on my Android device (FIIO M11) and PC. My library is quite large at about 70k tracks and earlier this year I spent a great deal of time cleaning up tags and duplicates in MM5 PC. I synced my FIIO device with MM Android and MM5 via UPNP per the recommended procedure using USB. Upon completing the 18 hour process I find about a third of my library now has bad tags for genre -that is instead of saying blues, rock, etc the files are tagged as [5], [378], etc, and at least some artist name tags have been changed to [unknown] or [anonymous] etc. How can I get this to be corrected without spending countless precious hours hunched over my FIIO manually correcting the tags on tens of thousands of files. I hasten to add that these are the paid versions of MM which I have used on my PC ever since Music Match Jukebox was wrecked more than ten years ago.
Lowlander

Re: MMA Pro and MM 5 PC tag issue

Post by Lowlander »

Which Build (Help > About of MM5 are you using and what File Type(s) seem affected? Did you do a USB Sync (seems like it) directly to the FIIO or wi-fi Sync?