MM5 sync issues with Classic iPod

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

GrahameG

MM5 sync issues with Classic iPod

Post by GrahameG »

Hi all,

I'm a long-time Gold MM user. Since updating to MM5 I've been completely unable to sync my Classic 120GB iPod, which has been fine up until now. I no longer have iTunes installed, but I did install the CopyTrans drivers in case that was the issue

I have downloaded the latest 5.04.2667 Beta with bug report (submitted debug log 4A750000), but I'm still getting the same sequence of events; there seems to be no difference and MM still won't exit without resorting to Ctrl-Alt-Del.

The sequence of events goes something like this:
1. Connect iPod. MM message appears - configure device.
2. Auto-sync dialog appears, please confirm files and playlists to delete from device.
3. Sync seems to start, then MM error, 'unable to decode this format', takes me to a payware webpage.
4. MM 'access violation... code address 00406ESF in mediamonkeyengine.exe... read if address 2841377C (not always the same). Would you like to restart MM in safe mode?' (I tried this, it didn't make any difference)
5. Sync always fails on the same track 95/139.
6. I can't access anything on the iPod, which says it only has 37GB free.

Any help appreciated!

System details:
Ryzen 7 3700X 8-core 3.6GHz CPU, 32GB RAM, 512GB SSD, 8GB RTX3060ti
TheEmpathicEar

Re: MM5 sync issues with Classic iPod

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

I am curious too. I have a Classic iPod as well [wheel]. I still use Foobar with an addon to sync for this. But, the last two years I have used MM5 to sync to my phone mostly.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

3) What format is the problem? What are you converting from and to?
4) Please capture this in a debug log (step 4b) and attach the log to a Support Ticket.
GrahameG

Post by GrahameG »

Lowlander wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:54 am 3) What format is the problem? What are you converting from and to?
4) Please capture this in a debug log (step 4b) and attach the log to a Support Ticket.
3)I have a variety of formats from mp3 to FLAC. MM Gold set to convert to mp3 to save space if needed.
4) I have done this.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

3) The error does not indicate what File Type this happens for? What page are you taken to?
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

4) FYI: Analyzing your logs, let's continue via the ticket # 4864