Set play time on how long a song is played

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

tvdfan63

Set play time on how long a song is played

Post by tvdfan63 »

Hello :)

I have a question about manually set the play length for playing songs. Is there a way to maually set the play time length?
Example: Songs have a time length from 4 to 5 min, but I want them just to play like for 2 min., and then auto-play the next song Is that possible? I looked a round in the settings, but couldn't find anything, unless I overlooked it. I'm using MM5.
Any help is very much appreciated.
Lowlander

Re: Set play time on how long a song is played

Post by Lowlander »

You want to automatically just play a set time of each song (not available) or set this per individual song (use Start and Stop time on Details tab of Properties.
tvdfan63

Post by tvdfan63 »

Hi Lowlander
Yes, my plan was to this just for a certain playlist like kinda play just half of each song automatically via settings, nothing permanently. Too bad that such settings are not possibe. Manually setting this per individual song with start and stop time would be too time consuming. I know that there are players that can do this wich is why I thought MediaMonkey can, too. Guess I have to find another Player for that purpose. Thanks for the reply thou.
nasirhossain

Post by nasirhossain »

hello

I have a question about manually set the play length for playing songs. Is there a way to maually set the play time length?
Example: Songs have a time length from 4 to 5 min, but I want them just to play like for 2 min.
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

It looks like MM4 had some add-ons that offered something in this area.
They haven't been converted to MM4 (yet?).
Your MM5 licence also include MM4 if that is any good for you.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
tvdfan63

Post by tvdfan63 »

Thanks but looping a part of the song is not really what I wanted. Looping stands for repeating which would only repeat the first set song part and would not auto-play the next song. You would have to manually skip to the next song.
I wanted something where I can set the playing time frame of a whole playlist like only 2 min playtime for each song, no matter how long each song actually is. Like highlight all songs in that playlist and batch-set the playtime for all.
But as I have already written, to manually set start and stop time for each song is not very user friendly and very time consuming. I wonder how others manage to do this and what player they use, because I know it's possible.