Crossfade issue in Android app

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

Daerwynn

Crossfade issue in Android app

Post by Daerwynn »

A few months ago MM app started some janky behavior around song transitions. I can't figure out how to turn it off or change the settings. The only setting that I can find that is relevant is in options->audio transitions, but they don't seem to work. If I set transitions to "none" then the song stops 30 seconds before it is done and switches to the next. If I set it to "gapless" it crossfades for 30 seconds, which is totally chaotic and awful to listen to. If I set it to "crossfade (beta)" it acts like the "none" setting described above.
Peke

Re: Crossfade issue in Android app

Post by Peke »

Hi,
When issue happens please use ⋮ -> About MediaMonkey -> Send Logs and write down LOG IDs so that we know what to search for.

Also I woudl suggest that you apply for beta at ⋮ -> About MediaMonkey
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Daerwynn

Post by Daerwynn »

Log id: 2TJ3FW8BC9
martin.bohac

Post by martin.bohac »

I've tested this on a similar Pixel 6a Android 13 device, but I can't replicate it. I can see that all the songs in the queue are m4a. I suppose it could be some incompatibility with this format. Can you convert these songs to another format, like mp3, and check if the problem still occurs. Thanks.
aaron max

Post by aaron max »

Experiencing a crossfade issue in the Android app, where audio transitions aren't seamless. This hiccup disrupts the otherwise smooth playback experience. Hoping for a prompt fix or update to address this concern, as crossfading is a crucial feature for uninterrupted music enjoyment. Despite this glitch, the app remains a go-to choice, and resolving this issue would undoubtedly enhance its overall performance and user satisfaction.