help copying files from apple device - newbie

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

crazymusiclady

help copying files from apple device - newbie

Post by crazymusiclady »

Very impressed with Media Monkey as a new user, but having trouble. Background is this: Our church's music director used iTunes to manage our music, ripping CD's to his personal computer at home, and syncing his iTunes to an iPod for use at church. He recently retired and handed off the "church iPad" to me, but he did NOT give me access to his personal computer so that I can copy the original files from there (which would have been much easier, but he doesn't understand that iTunes only lets you sync purchased songs to a PC and I have to use some kind of Third-Party software to actually access the files). Instead, he uploaded his entire iTunes library to a new iPad and passed it on to me. Every song is there, but I cannot transfer them to my church PC because none of them were purchased from iTunes. Sadly, many of the original CD's are missing, so the iPad is my only source of the music our church has purchased.

Our media team prefers to upload the songs to their computer rather than use the iPad, so I am trying to get everything more organized. Your product fits the bill, as all of our computers at church, including the presentation computer in our sanctuary, are Windows-based PC's.

The iPad has about 3500 individual song tracks on it. Many of these are split trax, which come in multiple Tracks (anywhere from 5-13) per song, so I have tons of files that are titled "Track 1", "Track2"... Track "25" etc., with the Album information stored in the metadata and only visible when I am looking at the iPad. I am hoping to not have to individually rename all of them as I pull them off of the iPad. Tedious doesn't begin to describe it.

I searched your database and found this page with instructions on how to pull music and other files off of the iPad using MediaMonkey: https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/kno ... re%20items

It seems relatively straightforward, but given the page was posted in 2020, I am assuming it was for MediaMonkey 4. I have MediaMonkey 5.0.3.2627, and when I follow step 3, I run into an issue:

I am supposed to go to Tools > Advanced Tag Management > Synchronize Tags, in the menu. There is no Advanced Tag Management in the Tools menu. Did the name of something change?

Please help - I was hoping to be able to pull all 3500 songs over without having to individually rename each track...
Lowlander

Re: help copying files from apple device - newbie

Post by Lowlander »

Tools > Edit tags > Update tag is the function in MediaMonkey 5.