MM5 With Dirac Live

Get help for different MediaMonkey 5 Addons.

Moderators: jiri, drakinite, Addon Administrators

Hagar800

MM5 With Dirac Live

Post by Hagar800 »

I have a Windows 10 PC 64bit.

I'm using HDMI on a RX580 video card.

So I'd like to purchase DIrac Live for the PC but Dirac Live says:

The Dirac Processor Plugin package requires a plugin host compatible with VST2, VST3, AAX, or AU plugins. Compatible hosts include but are not limited to:

Logic Pro X
Cubase 10
Studio One 4
Reaper
JRiver Media Center
Ableton Live 10
Pro Tools 11 or later
Audirvana
Amarra

No Media Monkey? I thought if Dirac Live was installed, all I'd have to do is make it the sound driver and all would work.

Straighten me out.
Peke

Re: MM5 With Dirac Live

Post by Peke »

Hi,
VST2, VST3, AAX, or AU plugins are special types of plugins usually meant for audio/video production software (all apps that you listed are studio production software). Unfortunately MM do not support VST plugins. There are plans to make support for them in future MM versions, but no definitive decision.

Based on https://www.dirac.com/dirac-for-busines ... pro-audio/ and

This looks more like best would be to do it ion hardware level than software.

EDIT: Personally I would mode think to buy some equipment that have calibration MIC and invest money difference in better speakers than paying subscription to cloud service and software licenses to improve sound as in the end you will be limited to your hardware anyway.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Hagar

Post by Hagar »

Always thanks, I appreciate the insight.

However, I presently have a Pioneer LX305 Elite with built in Dirac support. I truly believe this can improve the sound taking into account the room acoustics'.
I'd rather use my Pioneer SC27 (a $2000 receiver) I just thought it sounded better.
Both can use Pioneer's MCACC and I believe they work well, but Dirac built into the LX305 I believe is better.

You said, EDIT: Personally I would mode think to buy some equipment that have calibration MIC and invest money difference in better speakers than paying subscription to cloud service and software licenses to improve sound as in the end you will be limited to your hardware anyway.

I have a set of Klipsch La Scala's I've invested in upgrading. At $12,000 a pair, I don't think these would qualify as cheap.

I really think JRiver has clouded the issue with this support. I mean, I don't think it really matters as IF I buy Dirac software, it becomes my defacto sound card.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hmmmm, this changes perspective a lot.

How do you transfer Audio from PC to LX305 I think HDMI if not Optical would do the best, paired with WASAPI exclusive 192/24?

I wonder if that would allow LX to also incorporate Dirac Live to make things better?

It sounds like that actual weakest link is PC itself.

Based on manual https://www.pioneerhomeusa.com/wp-conte ... 21_web.pdf it shoul dbe supported at least on some of HDMI inputs.

Also it could be worth to check if there is newer firmware for device at https://www.pioneerhomeusa.com/product/ ... -receiver/
Best regards,
Peke
Hagar

Post by Hagar »

I am using HDMI for the following reasons, HDMI supports newer, higher resolution audio standards, like Dolby TrueHD, and DTS HD Master Audio. Optical cables do not.

And that is since I'm using my PC as a Home theater as well.

The strangest thing is, and it might just be psychosomatic, I just don't thin the Pioneer LX305 sounds all that great. Part of my reasoning is sometimes it just sounds great, other times, distorted. And another thing bothering me is the LX305 weighs 22.9 lbs and the SC27 which cost a lot more weighs in at over 67 lbs. Weight was considered a means of quality I always thought.

I don't think this is going to be a problem. I'm not doing studio editing, just listening to the best playback I can get.
And for those that swear they can hear the difference between something JRiver and media monkey, I say lets do some blind test testing. Bet its Psychosomatic. In my opinion. Waspi is Waspi. :D
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Hagar wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 7:12 pm In my opinion. Waspi is Waspi.
Totally agree, my own tests proved on my sound system that it is well enough for normal use. Much better than Wave Mapper ;) ASIO is low level and WASAPI is MS implementation of it, but more hybrid than low level (guess not too much SDK/API that can hardware devs work on. For me it is enough and main difference is latency, rather than sound quality as both work on direct raw format if set correctly.

As for weigh I also agree. Usually most weigh is in power and output sections. 67lbs (30kg) is for me right ammount against the price for amp and a/v ;)
Best regards,
Peke