Syncing artwork on mobile not working (sync from desktop possible)?

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

dirthurts

Syncing artwork on mobile not working (sync from desktop possible)?

Post by dirthurts »

Hi all,
Fairly new to this. Did some searching but didn't find a solution. Perhaps this is something simple I'm overlooking.
I have all my artwork on my PC already, music syncs from my PC to my android just fine.
However, my album art isn't syncing over. Should this work this way? Seems like it should?
Strangely, exactly 5 albums out of hundreds do have artwork and I'm not sure why or how.
Can someone point me in the right direction?
Lowlander

Re: Syncing artwork on mobile not working (sync from desktop possible)?

Post by Lowlander »

Are you syncing from MMW to MMA? If so, does MMW see the Artwork with each Album? Please provide details on your Sync setup.
dirthurts

Post by dirthurts »

Lowlander wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:51 pm Are you syncing from MMW to MMA? If so, does MMW see the Artwork with each Album? Please provide details on your Sync setup.
Pardon my ignorance, but I don't know what MMW vs MMA is...
Edit, found some details
I'm using Windows as my server, yes. Every thing shows up there. No issues.
Android is the one that isn't grabbing the artwork.. except those 5 for whatever reason.
Last edited by dirthurts on Thu Sep 01, 2022 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ganthet72

Post by Ganthet72 »

I am also a new user seeing similar issues.
I have MMW v5 that is my server, and I'm using MMA v1.4.3 on my phone.

I went through my library using auto-tag and some manual updates to get my tracks all looking right. On MMW all the album art is correct.

However, MMA has a lot of missing or incorrect album art. I'm syncing via WiFi.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Sync, syncs 1 Artwork per Album (as seen by MM5). Make sure all files on the Album have the correct Artwork assigned AND that you only have files from that Album on that Album (as seen by MM5).

Which Build (Help > About) of MediaMonkey 5 are you using?
dirthurts

Post by dirthurts »

Well, I tried deleting all my music files from both my PC and my phone, copying it all back over and pulling all the data again on the computer. Synced the phone again and the same problem.
Where do I check artwork files? I can't find that anywhere.
On 5.0.3.2627 on my PC.
1.4.3.0950 on my android phone.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

In MMW for a file that shows without Artwork, use right click > Properties. Does the Artwork show the correct Artwork in the first spot?

If so, right click on the file, Find more from same > Album, does it only show files from that Album?
dirthurts

Post by dirthurts »

Hi,
So actually all the artwork shows up on the PC so I don't have any missing to click.
It's only missing on the phone side.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Manually copy track off device to some temp folder that is not in MM library and check track properties (Drag and drop to MM Now playing) to see what Album art it contain or not.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
themgnt

Post by themgnt »

Between my car and MMA I find album artwork incredibly finicky. For it to show up correctly in my car the art can't be larger than 500x500 and must be attached to the audio file. MM doesn't directly attach the file, I think, but seems to link to a file in the same folder. But that has nothing to do with the discussion.

I've only just recently started using MMA this past summer and this week I decided to focus a little on fixing artwork for some key bands for my car, and for my playlists on my phone.

Once I directly attached the art to the audio files using mp3tag all the correct artwork appeared on MMA - except in three cases:

Song 1 - I found the album had a dummy, blank artwork appearing as the first image in MMW. This blank art does not show up in mp3tag. Once I removed it and ran a resync to MMA the artwork appeared.

Song 2 - This was really weird. The thing that seemed to stop the art from appearing was data in the copyright field on the Details tab. Once I removed that information and resync'd the artwork appeared. I discovered this by loading the same song from an older release of the same album. That artwork appeared, but I wanted to use the newer remastered version. I compared both files and the only difference I could see was the copyright detail.

Song 3 - I can't explain what's going on here. I saw nothing 'weird' with this audio file but I could not get the art to load. Eventually I loaded another song from the same album but with different artwork. On resync Song 3 now had the other song's artwork. ?! Looking in a file explorer I see there is now an albumart.jpg with the new, but incorrect, artwork. I could also see in the file explorer that Song 3 does have the correct artwork attached but MMA wasn't seeing it. I don't know why MMA wasn't picking it up. After deleting that unwanted song MMA still saw the new artwork. I corrected this by extracting the image from Song 3 on my PC, renaming it albumart.jpg, then forcing it in to the correct folder on my phone. Now MMA sees the correct artwork. (BTW, deleting the albumart file still causing MMA to see the incorrect artwork. I assume this was cached somewhere but I don't know where).

I hope this information proves useful to someone.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

themgnt wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 2:39 pmMM doesn't directly attach the file, I think, but seems to link to a file in the same folder.
That's a setting in the Device Profile. You can choose to embed or save as external Artwork for Synced files.

Empty Artworks generally indicate you've removed external Artwork files from the PC. Thus the Artwork file MediaMonkey has associated is missing.