Dark theme not loading (metro)

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

Simmerhead

Dark theme not loading (metro)

Post by Simmerhead »

I've been using the Metro theme for many years as I like the dark background. However, after getting a new PC with Windows 11 the theme doesn't seem to load and I get a bright background with bright text instead. My settings should be correct.

Since this annoyed me I installed the free version of MM5 to see if things got better, and they sure did. Here the dark theme loads fine, and funny enough, if I close MM5 and then proceed to open MM4 the dark theme loads in MM4 too. I've done several restarts and this always happens:

If I start MM4 the dark background doesn't load. Then I close MM4, open MM5, then close MM5, and rerun MM4 and the dark theme is back...?
Lowlander

Re: Dark theme not loading (metro)

Post by Lowlander »

In MediaMonkey 4 you can override Skin backgrounds. Have you made sure that's not the case in your setup?
chrisjj

Post by chrisjj »

Simmerhead wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 6:19 am I installed the free version of MM5 ... if I close MM5 and then proceed to open MM4 the dark theme loads in MM4 too.
Did I read that right?? An MM5 install and/or launch affects operation of MM4?
Chris
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

No, MediaMonkey 4 and 5 are fully independent installs (of course you do need to install them in separate locations).
chrisjj

Post by chrisjj »

Lowlander wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 1:03 pm No, MediaMonkey 4 and 5 are fully independent installs (of course you do need to install them in separate locations).
Thanks, but then how come "funny enough, if I close MM5 and then proceed to open MM4 the dark theme loads in MM4 too." ?
Chris
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Skins aren't compatible between MediaMonkey 4 and 5. You can change the Skin under Tools > Options > Skins. Does changing the Skin stick?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
It is not possible as MM4 and MM5 do not have same Skins. Unles syou point to same shared Mediamonkey.ini file in which case MM4/MM5 will load default Skin on next start
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts