Cover issue

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

katatonik76

Cover issue

Post by katatonik76 »

Hello everybody.
I'm syncing my music with MMA using the playlists I already have in MMW.
Everything works perfectly, except the covers, which in the end are always busted on MMA. (on MMW they are perfect and tagged perfectly)

If instead I synchronize using the "folder nodes", in that case the covers are correct.
It only seems to be wrong if it has to sync files from different authors and albums at the same time.
What am I doing wrong?

I just did a test with a playlist created on the fly "Test cover".
I added 5 files. if I look at the playlist on MMW I see that each file has its own cover.
If I look at the same playlist on MMA I notice that only the first file (Coroner song) has the correct cover. All others have a common cover (danko jones).
A datum: the first song, that of the Coroner, has the cover saved in a file f.jpg within the path of the song on the nas. The other 4 instead show the tag saved in the mp3 file itself.
Could this be the reason?

Lowlander

Re: Cover issue

Post by Lowlander »

Covers are Synced per Album, not per file. So you do need to make sure that any cover change is applied to all files on the Album for Sync to Sync the correct Artwork.
katatonik76

Post by katatonik76 »

Lowlander wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 4:54 pm Covers are Synced per Album, not per file. So you do need to make sure that any cover change is applied to all files on the Album for Sync to Sync the correct Artwork.
Hi, sorry but I didn't understand.
I forgot to say that if I open the same playlist with VLC from Android Auto or from my mobile phone, the latter sees the correct covers without errors!
Is the cover not saved in the single file? Why doesn't MMA read cover from single file?
Thank you
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

No, MMA uses 1 cover per Album. This is more efficient as generally you'd have 1 cover per Album. I thinks this may change for MMA 2.0, but I'm not sure.
katatonik76

Post by katatonik76 »

Lowlander wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:48 pm No, MMA uses 1 cover per Album. This is more efficient as generally you'd have 1 cover per Album. I thinks this may change for MMA 2.0, but I'm not sure.

I'm sorry but I really don't understand even now.
If so, I would find 5 covers, 1 for each album to which the 5 songs belong (which are by 5 different artists and 5 different albums). Which album are we talking about in this case in your opinion? by which artist?
coroner? danko jones?
Why do I see the danko jones cover 4 times?
Sorry but I would like to understand once and for all, because I have several playlists with songs from different albums inside (as I think most people!).
And why synchronizing the same playlist on a usb card (and NOT on the samsung s10 SD) the problem disappears?
Is the problem perhaps due to the mobile phone, which perhaps has other software installed (see VLC for example, which reads all the covers perfectly) that "disturb" it?
Thank you !
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Do you have any other files from those Albums Synced to the device?
katatonik76

Post by katatonik76 »

Lowlander wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:59 pm Do you have any other files from those Albums Synced to the device?
hi Lowlander
no...no other files...

Anyway..
today I reset everything (to solve the other problem, to which you are already answering me here (https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... p?t=102977) and I changed the save paths;
so everything seems to work and I find the covers now correct!
I didn't understand what the problem was before , but it solved!