Unable to Sync MM5 with iPhone 14 Plus Capacity Issue

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

jbell13

Unable to Sync MM5 with iPhone 14 Plus Capacity Issue

Post by jbell13 »

[Windows 11 Pro, Acer PC. iPhone 14 Plus (capacity 238.1 GB, free 200.1 GB). MM 5.04.2690.]

I am unable to sync my MM playlists with my iPhone 14: message from MM is that there is insufficient capacity. But MM device summary (and iPhone storage info) tells me that there are 200.1 GB free on my iPhone. N.B. I have turned off "sync library" in iPhone setting so my Apple Music Library is unavailable and is not taking up space. I only have a few selected MM playlists checked to synchronize (way less than 200 GB in size) and nothing else but bar at bottom of "sync library" window in MM shows that my iPhone capacity is filled. As a result, when I try to sync the selected playlists, I receive a message that there is insufficient capacity on my device. Any assistance/advice on how to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated.
jbell13

Re: Unable to Sync MM5 with iPhone 14 Plus Capacity Issue

Post by jbell13 »

Sorry forgot to add that the MM message I receive when I try to sync is " There isn't enough space on the device to sync the selected files. Needed: 1395.7 GB. Available 200.1 GB, to be freed: 0 B." I receive this message even when I have unchecked everything in my sync list i.e., no music, audiobooks, playlists, podcasts or videos are checked to be synchronized. Obviously, MM is trying to sync my entire library even though I have not checked anything to be synced. How do I fix this?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Can you share a screenshot of the Sync List in the Device Profile?
jbell13

Post by jbell13 »

Three screenshots: one showing device summary (shows that iPhone has 199 GB free capacity), another shows the sync list (shows the bar at bottom indicating capacity is filled, and nothing is checked to sync), third shows message I receive telling me that there isn't enough space on my device to sync selected files because I will need 1395 GBs and I only have 200 GB free.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

The first 2 screenshots shows you have Playlists selected to be Synced. Have you tried deselecting all Playlists too?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Also you have not provided what playlists were selectedso that we can check some obvious cases of selecting all tracks in Library like "Accessible tracks" or root of "Recently Added".
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts