Track numbers are stored as 1; 1 [#19135]

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

warsan

Track numbers are stored as 1; 1 [#19135]

Post by warsan »

I have been observing unwanted changes to my tags since I switched to MediaMonkey. So foobar2000 now shows that track numbers are stored as follows: "1; 1". Also in the tag disc number 0 is found everywhere, when nothing was entered there before.

Is this coming from MediaMonkey? Currently I do not know where else.

If so, how can I turn this off?

MM 5.0.3.2627
Lowlander

Re: automatic changes in my tags since I switched to MediaMonkey

Post by Lowlander »

What File Type(s) is this happening for? MediaMonkey does write all tags when you edit a single tag in a file. Depending on the file type it may also store the field value in multiple tags: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... erties/5.0 which some applications don't display well.
warsan

Post by warsan »

File type is aac as m4a.
MiPi

Post by MiPi »

Track numbers - this is caused by the fact, that MM uses two file tags to store track number. One is standard strictly numeric M4A/MP4 tag, second is special tag introduced by iTunes, which can store any string. We use both for best compatibility, apps should choose only one of them for display (MM5 prefers iTunes one, as it is more general).

Saving "0" to disk number is really long standing bug, thanks for noticing, tracked as: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=19135
warsan

track numbers are stored as 1; 1

Post by warsan »

When I open audio files whose metadata I must have edited with MediaMonkey in foobar2000, I see that the track numbers are stored as follows:
1; 1
2; 2
3; 3
etc.

How can I change the behavior when saving the track numbers in MediaMonkey?
Barry4679

Re: track numbers are stored as 1; 1

Post by Barry4679 »

see this answer to a similar question
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
warsan

track numbers are stored as 1; 1

Post by warsan »

When I open audio files whose metadata I must have edited with MediaMonkey 5.0.3 in foobar2000, I see that the track numbers are stored as follows:
1; 1
2; 2
3; 3
etc.

How can I change the behavior when saving the track numbers in MediaMonkey?
Barry4679

Re: Track numbers are stored as 1; 1 [#19135]

Post by Barry4679 »

I see that you have re-posted the question. Maybe you didn't notice that LowLander moved your post into another thread. He should have PM'd you. I have sent you a PM in case he didn't.

Did you see the post from Mipi that I linked to earlier in this thread?
He/she is a MM Developer.
My understanding of the response is that MM write two tags. The extra tag is to provide compatibility with Apple, who like to everything different in many cases.
It looks like foobar reads and displays both of these tags ... so you should send your complaint to them (or to Apple)

I haven't noticed the issue with track numbers, but I have seen it with disc numbers.
See here. This the same track when viewed by two different Microsoft File Exploers plugins .. one shows both tags, and the other some just one of the tags, but you can see both tags in the mouse hover tooltip
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
warsan

Post by warsan »

Sorry, didn't see that and didn't get a PM from anyone 🤷‍♂️

Is it possible to disable Apple compatibility mode in MM?
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

warsan wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 2:20 am Sorry, didn't see that and didn't get a PM from anyone 🤷‍♂️
Is it possible to disable Apple compatibility mode in MM?
I don't the know the answer to the Apple question, but I suspect that the answer is No.

I did try sending you a PM before, but it failed. Maybe there is barrier until reach some post count level?
I retried today ... Is ok now.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

No, this can't be disabled. Note that there are 2 separate tags used, this is displayed together in the App you're using, but won't be in most applications.