YouTube Add-on How-to?

Get help for different MediaMonkey 5 Addons.

Moderators: jiri, drakinite, Addon Administrators

adrianmarsh

YouTube Add-on How-to?

Post by adrianmarsh »

Hi,

I noticed that YouTube is an integrated add-on.. I couldn't find any information on what this add-on is for, or how to use it.
It doesn't appear to be used as a metadata source for tagging files as far as I can tell.
Any pointers or description for what it does ?

Thanks
Lowlander

Re: YouTube Add-on How-to?

Post by Lowlander »

When you switch to Online in the Info Panel it will show YouTube matches and allows you to play those instead of your own Library files.
adrianmarsh

Post by adrianmarsh »

Thanks - I'll try to find that
ed.j

What exactly does the "Online" button do? Is there a description somewhere?

Post by ed.j »

Does it simply play youtube videos?

(Not saying that is "only" what it does in a disparaging way, just that I've not noticed other changes when it's selected)
Barry4679

Re: What exactly does the "Online" button do? Is there a description somewhere?

Post by Barry4679 »

[My Library] shows tracks and albums that you added into the MM database ... ie. Processed the tracks with MM5 Add/ReScan facility, which triggers MM5 to index those tracks into its database.

[Online] shows tracks and albums, for the same entity, that are listed into some external community database ... so this includes tracks and albums that you haven't collected yet.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
HoborMallow

Post by HoborMallow »

Lowlander wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:02 am When you switch to Online in the Info Panel it will show YouTube matches and allows you to play those instead of your own Library files.
Could you give more insight into how to find "online"? The link you used doesnt really tell you how to find it. What views, library, or whatever you would select to find this online? I have selected everything on the left (Home, Playing, Entire Library all tracks etc), and went to view - main panel view, and never seen anything about info panel or online to select

Thanks
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

When you View an Artist or Album you can enable the Info Panel, it will allow you to switch to online mode.
Rob_S

Post by Rob_S »

Just trying this feature out for the first time

It seems no matter which artist I select, two copies of each of the additional tracks appears in the online listing. This happens when selecting an artist, not in select by album.

Also, for any artist, it seems to list tracks and albums I already have same as ones I do not, is there any visual way to determine which are new and which already exist locally?

If I then go to play one of them, they are both highlighted, and both fill in the youtube link being used. The track plays just fine.

The first track I played, the "now playing" grew to full- screen , with no obvious indication how to go back. I found the "window" icon at the top right reduced it back down again.

In this full-screen view the album cover that was displayed kept flashing from full window to a somewhat smaller size and back again. I was using "2nd south carolina string band" for this test.

Subsequently tried some other artists with same effect.

Also a question, I see it finds me additional tracks for artists already in my database. Is there any way to search for tracks in this same view where I do not yet have any listings for the artist in question??
Using 5.1 LATEST alpha or beta build on Windows 10, HP laptop, managing 13k tracks
Rob_S

Post by Rob_S »

Also figured out I can't google cast at the same time as playing online content??

Must be using the same ports
Using 5.1 LATEST alpha or beta build on Windows 10, HP laptop, managing 13k tracks
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Do you mean casting online content?
Rob_S

Post by Rob_S »

Yes, play the online track to my Chromecast speakers does not work.

If I play a local track it works fine, and then if I dbl-click an online track, the speakers become inaccessible.
Rob_S

Post by Rob_S »

Ok, that is what I found then.

Any thoughts on the rest of my comments???
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

1) Can you check the duplication again. I thought I'd seen this before, but no longer see this. If it still occurs please let us know exact node in the Media Tree and what View you're using?

2) No, it just lists what is found online.

3) Duplicates trying to resolve in 1.

4) Full screen or full window? What Artwork is flashing? The one displayed in the Filelisting? I'm unable to reproduce.

5) No, it just lists what is found online.
Rob_S

Post by Rob_S »

Would it not be a great feature request to highlight matching titles, if they already exist locally?

As to the duplication, it appears to occur for certain artists only, but fairly frequent for me, both list view and list by album view.

Not happening for me in Browser view

http://rone.ca//dlfiles/OnlineDuplicati ... yAlbum.JPG

http://rone.ca//dlfiles/OnlineDuplicationListView.JPG
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Rob_S wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:36 am Yes, play the online track to my Chromecast speakers does not work.

If I play a local track it works fine, and then if I dbl-click an online track, the speakers become inaccessible.
Hi Rob, I've just tested and casting of online tracks (YouTube) to Chromecast works here. And it is supposed to work. But I can confirm that it falsely shows that the speaker is inaccessible although it plays the YouTube video finally. Is this what you are experiencing?
How exactly you are testing and is your Chromecast capable to play video?

EDIT: I found this regression when casting YoutTube videos to Chromecast: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=19660