Substitute filename with title

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

meditek

Substitute filename with title

Post by meditek »

Hi,
Upgrading to Win 11 I managed to delete my music which, fortunately, I also have on my Ipod. I have rarely used MM so keep it simple please.
1. Is it possible to save the ipod files minus the apple path and filename or failing that
2. once downloaded how do I substitute the apple filenames with the titles. Doing the opposite seems easy enough!
Thanks,
Lowlander

Re: Substitute filename with title

Post by Lowlander »

If you're copying files from an Apple device, this is explained here: https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/kno ... le-device/

Auto-Organize Files can do this.
meditek

Post by meditek »

Thanks. I found an addon that looked promising but choosing addons 'copy and swap fields' was dead with a double click. Is that the correct way to run a script?
However your advice has been very helpful and I'm successfully landing 15gb of my Ipod files back to my PC without Apple tags. I have to say the front end of MM is far from instinctive (much like Itunes) but I'm sure it is in there somewhere and you're the guy to help us. Did you write it?
Last edited by meditek on Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

That would swap fields within MediaMonkey, not change the filename.
meditek

Post by meditek »

Was double clicking it the way to run it? (addon). Once the fields had been changed in MM would it not be possible to save them in the new format?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I haven't used the Copy and Swap Fields Addon, but I assume you have to set up what to copy to which field. What fields are you trying to switch?

Auto-Organize can automatically change the folder/filenames when the tags are edited in MediaMonkey.
meditek

How do I run an addon???

Post by meditek »

Thanks, most is now under control except still unclear how to run an addon? Double clicking doesn't work for me.
Barry4679

Re: How do I run an addon???

Post by Barry4679 »

meditek wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:03 am Thanks, most is now under control except still unclear how to run an addon? Double clicking doesn't work for me.
I think that double clicking the Addon file installs it into MM5.
Then try closing and restarting MM5.
The author of of the add-on has choices about how to trigger|display the function.
The one I installed created a button on the tool bar.
For the one you have I would guess that it is an option within Tools>EditTags .. That option is is invisible unless you have selected some tracks.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Erwin Hanzl

Post by Erwin Hanzl »

@meditek

Start MM5
TOOLS> Addons... press the "Add" button ... locate the ".MMIP" download-file - double click
MMW 4.1.31.1919 Gold-Standardinstallation