Issue with Playlist creation from Album/Band/Folder Nodes [#19586]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

katatonik76

Issue with Playlist creation from Album/Band/Folder Nodes [#19586]

Post by katatonik76 »

Good morning everyone.
I have a problem with the automatic creation of playlists on MMA. Even with the latest version the problem has not been resolved.
I usually use "Selected Folder Nodes" option, but I also tried to select "Selected Artist/Album Nodes" in the SyncProfile\Playlists options page, but even then the playlist is not created on MMA.
The files are always correctly synchronized (because in the end I find them on my phone exactly where I expect to find them), but the playlists are never generated!
I also tried to change that path "\MediaMonkey\SynchMMW", putting an extra slash or changing it completely, but nothing to do.

Can anyone tell me where I'm wrong?

PS:I sync with the SD card of my samsung galaxy S10 and Yesterday I installed version 5.0.4.2689

Thank you very much in advance
Erwin Hanzl

Re: Issue with Playlist creation from Album/Band/Folder Nodes

Post by Erwin Hanzl »

My Settings:

Change the PATH: "\MediaMonkey\SynchMMW" to \Playlists\
and also change this path on mobile under MMAndroid - Options - Folders

MMW 4.1.31.1919 Gold-Standardinstallation
katatonik76

Post by katatonik76 »

Hi
what do you mean by "also change this path on mobile under MMA" ?

anyway..
i tried without this last setting, just changing original path with "\playlists\" and it still doesn't work.
But you use a DIFFERENT configuration from mine, using playlists on MMW.
This method already works for me WITHOUT ANY PROBLEM!
I, on the other hand, would like to make the other method work too, that is by making the program generate automatic playlists, starting from the "Folder nodes"..

do you understand?

Bye
Andrea
Erwin Hanzl

Post by Erwin Hanzl »

Yes, I understand - Ignore my post.
Erwin Hanzl

Post by Erwin Hanzl »

However, what I noticed:
You use the path for Playlist-Destination Directory: "\MediaMonkey\SynchMMW" - WITHOUT backslash
and the path for File-Destinations: "\MediaMonkey\SynchMMW\" - WITH backslash

Aside from the backslash bug for Playlists, there's a reason you shouldn't sync files and playlists to the same folder.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Select folder nodes will only create folder based Playlists if you select items in the Collection > Location area in the Sync Selection. The same goes for Artists and Albums, you'd need to select them specifically. So selecting only Playlists for Sync won't create Folders Playlists.

If you Sync with MMA directly MMA should have any selected Playlists automatically as it's done in the MMA database. Are you saying this isn't the case for the selected Playlists in the Sync Selection?
katatonik76

Post by katatonik76 »

Lowlander wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 12:53 pm Select folder nodes will only create folder based Playlists if you select items in the Collection > Location area in the Sync Selection. The same goes for Artists and Albums, you'd need to select them specifically. So selecting only Playlists for Sync won't create Folders Playlists.
Hi Lowlander!
Yes, I know.
I already selected items in the collection \Location!
I tried also using Album node, but without luck

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Do you have specific folders with files in them selected? ie. not a folder that is 1 or more levels up from the actual files Synced.
katatonik76

Post by katatonik76 »

Lowlander wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 12:53 pm Select folder nodes will only create folder based Playlists if you select items in the Collection > Location area in the Sync Selection. The same goes for Artists and Albums, you'd need to select them specifically. So selecting only Playlists for Sync won't create Folders Playlists.

If you Sync with MMA directly MMA should have any selected Playlists automatically as it's done in the MMA database. Are you saying this isn't the case for the selected Playlists in the Sync Selection?

no, but I'll add a detail:
if I synchronize the same things on a usb card (instead of the samsung s10 SD) the playlists are generated starting from the nodes folder!
Is it a mobile phone problem?
katatonik76

Post by katatonik76 »

Hi Lowlander,
today I had some time and I did this test, which confirms that the problem is probably with the cell phone or with wi-fi synch!
1) I removed the SD card from the phone and inserted it into a pc adapter; at this point I synchronized a new folder (00 PROVA SYNCH with 5 songs inside) from MMW:

2) after the sync, I looked at the contents of the SD on the pc and everything was correct! including Playlist creation!

3) In MMW I've added a song to the playlist (now with 6 songs inside) and again, on windows, I see the updated playlist with right update hour and with new song inside!

4) at this point I disconnected the SD card from the pc and inserted it into the samsung s10. Once I turned on the phone, I went to see if the playlist was still there and the answer is yes..playlist file was there (m3u file).So apparently everything was correct . (I used also an explorer like XPlore for android)

5)I launched a WI-FI synchronization: here the FIRST STRANGE THING: why does it ask me to delete the playlist?? However, I answer no

6) In MMW I added a second folder (01 - MIX ,with 29 songs inside) with the sync options. Then I launch the WI-FI synchronization from the mobile and....the playlist IS apparently NO longer generated (while the 29 new mp3 files were successfully synced) ! The final message that comes out in MMA at the end of the synchronization is "Downloaded 29 files", without telling me "1 playlist created"
If I look in MMA in the Playlists section I always and only see the first one generated with SD connected to PC.

7)I turned off the phone, removed the SD and reinserted it again in the windows pc; the playlist exists and is correct!! So why can't it be seen from the phone, if generated via wi-fi synchronization?

Final considerations:
I tried to play "the little game" other times and it seems that the wi-fi synchronization creates the playlist, but then it is not seen in MMA (nor with any other android explorer).
The only way to make MMA see/read it is to disconnect the SD card from the phone, connect it to the PC with an adapter and then reconnect it to the phone.
All you have to do is insert the SD into the windows pc .

Why wi-fi sync and MMA behave like this?
So basically I can't use wi-fi sync anymore, which was why I wanted to buy the pro version of the product

Bye
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

The team is investigating this issue, it can be reproduced.
katatonik76

Post by katatonik76 »

Lowlander wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:21 pm The team is investigating this issue, it can be reproduced.
Thank you very much
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Added as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=19586

FYI HINT: Bug workaround is to Use USB Sync or pull out SDCard and sync directly to it, because USB sync correctly create playlists.

NOTE: Bug will be reviewed for MMA2+
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Peke

Re: Issue with Playlist creation from Album/Band/Folder Nodes [#19586]

Post by Peke »

Hi,
The more I think about it I am getting confused.

If you use MMA for Sync over WiFi you already have folder browser as both features are PRO. I would understand that if you do not want upgrade to PRO and that WiFi Sync is FREE then I can see the reasoning, but if you already have PRO you can simply use folder navigation to play tracks. For NON-MMA devices you would need to use USB Sync/Direct SDCard sync anyway. I do not see the point for that as MMA already have Artist/Album/Folder browser and search?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
katatonik76

Re: Issue with Playlist creation from Album/Band/Folder Nodes [#19586]

Post by katatonik76 »

Peke wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:08 am Hi,
The more I think about it I am getting confused.

If you use MMA for Sync over WiFi you already have folder browser as both features are PRO. I would understand that if you do not want upgrade to PRO and that WiFi Sync is FREE then I can see the reasoning, but if you already have PRO you can simply use folder navigation to play tracks. For NON-MMA devices you would need to use USB Sync/Direct SDCard sync anyway. I do not see the point for that as MMA already have Artist/Album/Folder browser and search?
I try to explain:
On my PC I have a folder (actually there are many) called for example "BEST OF 80's TRASH METAL"
Inside this folder I have lots of files from different groups, albums etc.
When I synchronize it with MMA PRO, it doesn't recreate the playlist for the folder node (therefore NOT creating a playlist called "BEST OF 80's TRASH METAL",
Then it is difficult on MMA to recall those files all together.
Please note that the mask I use to synchronize is :
\Music\MMA\<Artist> - <Album>\<Track #:2> - $Left(<Artist>,20) - <Title>

NB: the problem has worsened since I bought the galaxy S23 Ultra, which does NOT have an SD slot!
So even the workaround of doing the sync by connecting the SD to the windows pc cannot work!
Thank you