Syncing with iPhones/iPads running iOS 16

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

rusty

Re: Syncing with iPhones/iPads running iOS 16

Post by rusty »

Please try the official release of the iPhone sync plugin 16 available via our addons site (it's been updated since the version that you tried):
https://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/brow ... c-plug-in/

Important: make sure to run MM 4 as administrator in order to install it!!

-Rusty
Shakadula5153

Post by Shakadula5153 »

I just got MM5 working on a new Windows laptop. Happy, Happy.

ISSUE: Synching my iPhone ios16 was slow on MM4 with 3 songs taking about 3 minutes. MM5 on the same playlist is taking 6 minutes with iPhone and ios 16..

I rebuilt my DB but will try that again unless there are other suggestions.
Lenovo Laptop:
12th Gen i5 Intel processor
64 bit OS
Windows 11
256 Gig SSD, 8 Gig RAM,

Software

* Primary Apps: MediaMonkey 5 (not GOLD yet).
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

That shouldn't be so slow (it takes just several seconds here to copy one track), I would suggest you to open eSupport ticket and attach debug log generated with DbgView started prior to MM5 (see item 4B here: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... 30&t=86643 )
Jrmach

Post by Jrmach »

I am very pleased to say that the new official IOS 16 mm4 sync works very well. It is a little slow to start, but once it gets going it is actually pretty fast. If it has to convert files it does slow down a bit. It probably could use a little tweaking, but hey it works.
I would like to send out a very huge "Thank You" to the Person or Team that made this work, it is greatly appreciated I am sure by not only me. :D :D
Jrmach
Shakadula5153

Post by Shakadula5153 »

I gave up. Bought a windows laptop for MM5. iPhone still synchs very slow but it does synch.

Interesting thing about synching is my wifes iPhone 13 mini with ios 16 synchs fine and fast/normal. I have the iPhone 13 pro with ios 16 and it synchs like a pig. 257.2 mg playlist ( 52 songs) takes 11.5 minutes on my iPhone and over 5 minutes before it begins copying the first song. Same playlist on my wifes iPhone takes 1 minute 15 seconds total to synch all 52 songs. Same computer, same mm5, same cable to phone………I am at a loss. Music library is 140 gig.

My wifi is off as is cellular data and no other apps are running.
Lenovo Laptop:
64 bit OS
Windows 11
256 Gig SSD, 8 Gig RAM,

Software

Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Shakadula5153 wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:19 am I am at a loss. Music library is 140 gig.
Looks like you answered your own question. Compare it with Wife Library on phone ;)
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Shakadula5153

Post by Shakadula5153 »

So to be clear, my entire library is 140gig on mm5 computer. My iPhone does not have all 140 gig and I am trying to synch only one playlist at a time.

If my library is too big and that is my issue, I have wasted a year trying to fix the issue. This the first time anyone has mentioned that size matters.

So, on a 52 song playlist, is mm reading through the entire db to find the song or are the titles indexed so that mm can just directly access the song and add it to the phone.

Thanks. Anyone else have this issue with a large database?
Lenovo Laptop:
64 bit OS
Windows 11
256 Gig SSD, 8 Gig RAM,

Software

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Are there different Auto-Conversion settings set? Could the Playlist be a complex AutoPlaylist or the database on a slow hard drive?

If you can reproduce this slowness with MediaMonkey 5, troubleshooting can be done.
Shakadula5153

Post by Shakadula5153 »

thank you lowlander. Playlist are not auto playlists. And I can only synch one playlist at a time. I will try the troubleshooting thing

And one more thing.. It seems that when I brought over my playlists from MM4, the MM5 playlists dropped one title. Not all of the playlists but quite a few. Not a big deal really but an observation
Lenovo Laptop:
64 bit OS
Windows 11
256 Gig SSD, 8 Gig RAM,

Software

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Can you please offer your original MediaMonkey 4 database to Support for analysis of upgrading losing files in Playlists?