Ver 5.04.2690 - Convert Format

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

telrod11

Ver 5.04.2690 - Convert Format

Post by telrod11 »

Ver 5.04.2690

Appears in this version, what we used to use to "Level" has now been replaced with the "Convert Format" tool.

Here's what I am seeing:
  • Select a music folder
    Select all music
    Select Convert Format
Seems to work, as it changes bitrate of selected songs, however if you run the it a second time, it doesn't recognize that those files have already been selected and formatted.

Is there a setting I am missing that would allow the tags to be rewritten so MM knows not to try and run the utility again?

I am not a "paid" customer, perhaps this is now a feature only accessible for paid users?

Thank you
Lowlander

Re: Ver 5.04.2690 - Convert Format

Post by Lowlander »

Level Track Volume is still available in Tools in the Main Menu, but has been removed from the Context Menu.
telrod11

Post by telrod11 »

Lowlander wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:44 pm Level Track Volume is still available in Tools in the Main Menu, but has been removed from the Context Menu.
Thank you!! This will work for my needs.

I still wouldlike to report that the "Convert Format", appears to do nothing, as reported above
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
telrod11 wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:45 am I still wouldlike to report that the "Convert Format", appears to do nothing, as reported above
Convert format is dumb command and MM do not check if files are already in destination format. It is done because some users get corrupted files and reconvert fixes that.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts