Album view in main pane - question

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

OldPilot

Album view in main pane - question

Post by OldPilot »

I have a question about why I have a certain view in the main pane. I am looking at just one album, in one folder. However, the tracks are split into 3 parts. It is just one album with 20 tracks, yet the display shows the same album artwork in three sections. The first grouping has 8 tracks, the second has 1 track, and the third has the remaining 11 tracks. I wish I could post a screenshot -but don' know how. The artist, album and genre are the same for each track, so...why the distinction?

Also. in the 'Summary' column the album has a rating. How, does this rating get recorded. I haven't done this

BTW I am using version 5.0.4.2675
Lowlander

Re: Album view in main pane - question

Post by Lowlander »

First of all, you're using a test release of 5.0.4 and the final release is now available.

What column are you sorting on? It would need to be on Album to get the correct grouping.

If that's the case, it's likely that the Album Artist value isn't the same for all files on the Album. The Album and Album Artist values need to be the same for MediaMonkey to see the files as a single Album.
Barry4679

Re: Album view in main pane - question

Post by Barry4679 »

OldPilot wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:47 pm Also. in the 'Summary' column the album has a rating. How, does this rating get recorded. I haven't done this
You didn't rate the album, or you didn't rate any of its tracks?
I think that the album rating is the average (or median?) of any of its tracks that you did rate.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.