Audio CD library bug

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

Lkmk

Audio CD library bug

Post by Lkmk »

Hi,
first of all, a big thanks for working on MM5, been generally enjoying the experience, obviously took me a while to getting used to the changes from MM4, setting a number of things to my personal preferences. But for most part it's great, and thanks for that!

I apologize if this has been brought up before, but at least from a brief browsing through the forum, didn't see any mention.
So, thing is - got a few audio CDs, in one case for example, I got it from the artist himself and the mail came some time before the official release date, so perhaps no metadata existed yet, although I am not sure if this is the issue. In any case - once I scanned the discs into library, these CDs (four of them) in the /Music/Location/ respectively /Folders/ display the name "Audio CD" (I.e. D:\ Audio CD ). In MM4, there was never an issue with creating a disc label according to my preference, say "Artist - Title" but here, even if I go to Music/Location, right click and edit the Media Properties, and edit the label to the one I want, on the next start of MM, they again display "Audio CD". No change happens even if I delete the tracks from the library, edit everything and scan them into the library with the correct label - on the next MM start, it's again Audio CD (the name is displayed somewhat correctly in /Folders/ where whenever I insert an audio CD in the computer, it shows up, but only there. Not in other places in /Folders/ or /Music/Location). Now, it seems there might be some edits possible if the CD had a label before, but for some reason, these four discs always go back to the "blank" name of "Audio CD".
Not that this would be a big issue, but of course, sometimes it's convenient to just look at which audio CD I have in the drive.

In any case, it's probably a small issue, and as I wrote, I don't mind that much, although I would be glad if you looked at it for, perhaps, the next update.

Best, and thanks again for the MM5 experience.
L.
Lowlander

Re: Audio CD library bug

Post by Lowlander »

Are you scanning the CD into the Library or Ripping the CD (copying the CD to the PC)?

If the latter, is the issue with the Ripped files on the PC or when you re-insert the CD into the PC?
Lkmk

Post by Lkmk »

Lowlander wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:07 pm Are you scanning the CD into the Library or Ripping the CD (copying the CD to the PC)?

If the latter, is the issue with the Ripped files on the PC or when you re-insert the CD into the PC?
The former. Just regards the scanning of CDs into the library. Also, perhaps might be related with how this works, but if it happens that I rename a CD track that's already scanned into the library, it seems that MM5 has some odd way of editing it, and then what it stores in the "library memory" (i.e. what it remembers when the audio CD is not in) is a different path for the edited tracks.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I am not sure I completely understand I insert CD in Drive -> Select Drive in Tree -> File -> Add files to Library -> Scan CD -> Under Music -> Location I can edit Info for CD and it is persistent.

Are your steps same or?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I'm unable to reproduce. Scanning a CD in (instead of Ripping), then editing metadata in the Library for the CD has this metadata remembered after restart.

However, inserting the CD, editing metadata on the CD, also edits the files of the CD scanned into the MediaMonkey Library.

Can you please capture the scanning into the Library, the editing and then the subsequent loss of edits in a debug log (step 4b) and attach the log to a Support Ticket: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=86643

This will help a developer analyze why this happens on your setup.