Stop Auto Play on Select

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

adamlove

Stop Auto Play on Select

Post by adamlove »

Hi there, I'd like it to stop automatically playing a track when I select it in the browser. Currently if I go to a playlist and there's nothing playing, as soon as I select a track it will start playing it.
I'd like it to play only if I double click it.
Peke

Re: Stop Auto Play on Select

Post by Peke »

Hi,
In Tools -> Options -> Player you have option to set default action and if you want to have MM double click behavior changed. I often set it as play last so that I can simply browse playlist and double click on tracks to add them to Now playing without starting playback.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Which Build (Help > About) and what View are you experiencing this in? Does the Playing need to be empty, or does it happen with files in the Playing as long as playback is paused and/or stopped.
Rob_S

Post by Rob_S »

How are you selecting these files? AFAIK, a single-click to select should do nothing other than select the file.

Only a double-click should perform the open and play action, or whatever you have set in options for it to do.

Unless, is it possible that the Windows Explorer setting for single-click to open is affecting this?? It does not seem to have any effect in my case.
Using 5.1 LATEST alpha or beta build on Windows 10, HP laptop, managing 13k tracks
adamlove

Post by adamlove »

Ignore this - dodgy mouse button - seems to be double clicking instead of single clicking in other apps too!