Already played tracks won't get removed from PL

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

tvdfan63

Already played tracks won't get removed from PL

Post by tvdfan63 »

Hi. I have noticed that tacks wont be removed from the playlist after playing. They will remain in the playlist with and without Auto-DJ. I would like them to be removed after played like in MusicBee, so that I have a better view of the unplayed tracks. And another issue I have is with fading tracks. I set them to 7 sec. at start and end, but it's not always working, somehow. Sometimes they are not fading into each other. And when I click next, before the curent song ends, it does not fade into the next song. It just cuts it of and plays the next song like on first start. In MusicBee, if I click on next before a song ends, it will smoothly fade into the next song. Not so in MediaMonkey. I really need some help with all these settings, pretty please ;)

I'm using the latest update: MediaMonkey 5.0.4.2690
Lowlander

Re: Already played tracks won't get removed from PL

Post by Lowlander »

Did you set MediaMonkey to remove played files? If so, is Play > Shuffle enabled in the Main Menu?

Is crossfading only failing when skipping or also when files play the end? Which Output Plugin are you using?
tvdfan63

Post by tvdfan63 »

Thank you very much for taking the time to help.

1) "set MediaMonkey to remove played files"
I looked at the first link and in my settings it was set to ALL. I changed ALL to 0 (Zero) and now the played tracks will get removed.
Yes, when set to Shuffle, the played tracks won't get removed. I didn't know that. So thanks for that info and the help on this part.
(Why it's like that, I would still like to know)

2) "Is crossfading only failing when skipping or also when files play the end?"
When skipping there is no real crossfading, only a softer beging of next track, but that's not what I call crossfading. It should still play part of the previous skipped track and blend into the next, but that's not the case.

3) "Which "Output Plugin" are you using?"
I looked at the second link and compared the plugins.
It's set to the second plugin out_WASAPI.dll (by default).
In the configuration tab it says "Default device. Exlusive mode is unchecked and the rest is checked (by default)
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

1) MediaMonkey removes the files prior to the current playing file. With Shuffle this wouldn't work. You can however Randomize the Playing to get the random play of Shuffle, but also get removal of played files as well as know the order that files will be played.

2) So it works fine when you play the files through? It's not designed to crossfade on skips.
tvdfan63

Post by tvdfan63 »

Yes, after I canged my settings again, it now works when tracks are playing through.

About crossfading on skip not designed in MediaMonkey
In the "free" MusicBee Player, it crossfades on skipping. That's why I asked why a "paid" software would not do that.
Thanks for all the infos though.