Adjust position of now playing list [#18019]

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

soneil

Adjust position of now playing list [#18019]

Post by soneil »

I've been a longtime user of Media Monkey Gold version 3 and recently bought Media Monkey Gold version 5.
I made the change since 5 has a few features I needed which 3 doesn't have but for the most part I liked the layout of version 3 better and have tried to customise version 5 to what I'm used to.
One thing I haven't worked out how to do is change the position of the now playing list. I'm used to having the now playing list displaying below the browse list with similar columns in both views like in the attached screenshot. I found that a handy layout for organising playlists rather than having it sitting squashed on the right hand side. In Version 3 I could simply drag the top of the play list to dock it on the bottom of the window. That doesn't work in Version 5 and I haven't been able to find a way to move it in settings.
Any ideas?
Erwin Hanzl

Re: Adjust position of now playing list

Post by Erwin Hanzl »

Under TOOLS> OPTIONS .. Layout: you can reposition the panels using Drag&Drop.
MMW 4.1.31.1919 Gold-Standardinstallation
soneil

Post by soneil »

I tried doing it from there but that would only allow me to drag to the left or right panel. It wouldn't let me drag to any other panel including main or bottom.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

soneil

Re: Adjust position of now playing list [#18019]

Post by soneil »

Hmm. I hope I haven't made a mistake upgrading to version 5. I've encountered a few things that I was used to either doing or customising in version 3 that I either haven't figured out to do, or I've discovered that they can't be done.
soneil

Re: Adjust position of now playing list [#18019]

Post by soneil »

After using version 5 for a while now I'm sorry to say that I've decided to go back to version 3. I had assumed that a later version would have everything version 3 did plus more. It seems, however, that there are quite a few little things I'd gotten used to in Version 3 that Version 5 simply doesn't have. Initially I thought it was just me and that perhaps I wasn't able to locate features/settings but after spending enough time in forums it seems those things just aren't there.
I regret the upgrade. I was really only upgrade due to Version 5 making it a lot easier to back up a library but that alone isn't worth everything else I'm missing out on.