Remote Control for MediaMonkey 5 [READ FIRST POST]

Get help for different MediaMonkey 5 Addons.

Moderators: jiri, drakinite, Addon Administrators

Claus_A.

Re: Remote Control for MediaMonkey 5 [READ FIRST POST]

Post by Claus_A. »

Hi there,
I just got me the plugin and the MonkeyMote app for iphone. And I am happy :D . It works just fine. And now my "MovetheMusictoMM5"-project will resume. Just one little thing: The selection of a device (WLan Box etc) like in itunes remote would be just perfect. But that´s just a nice to have for me. For now: BIG thanks.
regards
Claus
Oregon_Rider

Post by Oregon_Rider »

I had some trouble at first but I did a clean install using MMW 5 Debug build and Monkeymote as listed in post #1. So glad to have MMote back!! Thank all of you at MM and MMote. :)
FYI, I'm on Windows 11.
sonos

Post by sonos »

I have downloaded the file MonkeyMote.mmip and added it to my applications. In the Addon Manager MonkeyMote is present. But I don't see any icon in the MM5 window.
Then I saw the post that says, first run: MediaMonkey.exe /elevate /regcomserver.
In my case: G:\MM 5 Portable\MediaMonkey.exe /elevate /regcomserver. After applying this line a window opens asking to confirm a change to MM5. Finally I started MM5, but no icon appears.
What went wrong? And, what must be done additionally?

I'm using MM5 debug build 2689.
mmote

Post by mmote »

sonos wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:05 am I have downloaded the file MonkeyMote.mmip and added it to my applications. In the Addon Manager MonkeyMote is present. But I don't see any icon in the MM5 window.
There should be a new icon in the system tray (bottom right corner of the screen) when MM5 is running.
sonos

Post by sonos »

I found the icon :D There are to many :(
Now it works well! Thank you.
Additional observation: Using my old iPad Air iOS 12.5.6 when I rotate the iPad to landscape orientation there are the Artwork on the left side and on the right side additional information about Artist, Title etc
But on my new iPad iPadPro iOS16 in the landscape orientation there are no additional information.

Carsten
DRoss

Post by DRoss »

Any new word from MMRemote? Is that likely to be upgraded for 5?
It has features that I treasure that aren't currently in MonkeyMote.
I tried sending extra money in the hopes that would guilt him/her...
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

DRoss wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:55 pm Any new word from MMRemote? Is that likely to be upgraded for 5?
It has features that I treasure that aren't currently in MonkeyMote.
I tried sending extra money in the hopes that would guilt him/her...
Yup - I'm in contact with the MMRemote dev and they're working on an updated version to work with MM5. :slight_smile:
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
hintergrundrauschen

Post by hintergrundrauschen »

Play Store change log for app MMremote:
Made ready for MM5 (this app will show an error message when connecting to an MM5 server -- a new app will be available for MM5 soon).
8)
Claude
rah1420

Can’t install MonkeyMote addon

Post by rah1420 »

I am trying to install the MonkeyMote addon for MM5 and I keep getting “invalid addon.” I have emailed MonkeyMote support but figured I’d check on this side of the installation too. Anybody encounter this?
---
Proud lifetime member!
dtsig

Re: Can’t install MonkeyMote addon

Post by dtsig »

I don't find MonkeyMote in the MM5 section of the addons
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
rah1420

Re: Can’t install MonkeyMote addon

Post by rah1420 »

dtsig wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:56 pm I don't find MonkeyMote in the MM5 section of the addons
Nope. But if you go to MonkeyMote.com you’ll see it there. I guess I have to wait for that team.
---
Proud lifetime member!
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

Looks like the MMIP he provides is not in the correct format. I'll contact the developer and show him how to get it in the right format.

In the meantime:
1. Open the mmip you downloaded as a zip (rename it to .zip and then open it)
2. Navigate to build/mediamonkey5
3. Drop gen_monkeymote.dll into MM's Plugins folder (%appdata%\MediaMonkey5\Plugins) and restart MediaMonkey.

EDIT: Just tested, yes, it works when you manually drop the DLL into the Plugins folder. :wink:
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
rah1420

Post by rah1420 »

Thanks very much for your help!!
---
Proud lifetime member!
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

No prob!
mmote

Post by mmote »

drakinite wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 7:57 pm Looks like the MMIP he provides is not in the correct format. I'll contact the developer and show him how to get it in the right format.
The package got messed up, my bad! It's fixed now :D