Only album in my playlists

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

Polop

Only album in my playlists

Post by Polop »

Hi,
When I look at my playlists menu I find pre-programmed lists (50 last, Favorite MP3, Favorite CD ...) see screenshot.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wXYy3C ... share_link

But when I open one of them it doesn't appear a list of song but list of album.
It seems to me before it was a list of song.

What can I do to display list of songs in place of albums ?

Thanks for your help.

Pierre
Lowlander

Re: Only album in my playlists

Post by Lowlander »

You can change the View to list to get a list view of the files on the Playlist.
Polop

Post by Polop »

Thanks for your help. I did it and it's ok, songs appear instead of album.
Yet, I'm surpised because in my favorit list there are song from only 2 albums.
Strange

Tanks again.
Pierre
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

Polop wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:49 am Yet, I'm surpised because in my favorit list there are song from only 2 albums.
That playlist is limited to just 74 minutes. Do you mostly play whole albums? If so, it would not be unusual for it to show just two albums for you.

But from what I see here, that playlist seems to be broken.
I tried changing the selection criteria (Selected by) within it, but it keeps showing me the same albums.
Could you look at please LowLander?
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Polop

Post by Polop »

I often listen this two album but not whole and I listen much other ones.
What do you mean "Could you look at please LowLander?" ?
I can't translate it.
Pierre
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

There is another person who answered in this thread. His name is LowLander; he works for MediaMonkey. I asked him to look at that playlist because it looks like it may be broken.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Can you please share a screenshot of the AutoPlaylist settings (use Edit button) and the corresponding list of files (now in List View)?
Polop

Post by Polop »

In this screen save you have both :
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tAELLa ... share_link

Don't worry if I'll not answered because I'll go to my daugter soon. :wink:
Pierre
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

The AutoPlaylist is sorted on Played#, ie top most played files limited to 74 minutes are shown in that Playlist. It shows that there is just shy of 74 minutes of files on the AutoPlaylist. If you sort Entire Library > All Tracks on Played# you should get the same 17 files as the most played.
Polop

Post by Polop »

You're right.
In fact there are no problem. I'm just suprise to listen always the sames songs !!
I don't do it but I have 15329 song files, even if I listen to other music, they are lost in number.

Thanks for your help and explanation.

pierre
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

That AutoPlaylist shows the most played files in your Library. If other files get played more they'll show on that AutoPlaylist.
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

Lowlander wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 12:03 pm That AutoPlaylist shows the most played files in your Library. If other files get played more they'll show on that AutoPlaylist.
That answers my query?
Barry4679 wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:20 am But from what I see here, that playlist seems to be broken.
I tried changing the selection criteria (Selected by) within it, but it keeps showing me the same albums.
The playlist being discussed doesn't seem to be hard wired to show the most recent plays.

It shows tracks rated for than 4 stars, and has a list of secondary selection options.
"Played Recently" is one of those options, but there are a lot of alternative options eg.Lowest Duration, or highest Bitrate.
I get the same tracks selected regardless of what selection option I chose.

Is there something I don't understand?
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

BUMP
Barry4679 wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 12:21 am
Lowlander wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 12:03 pm That AutoPlaylist shows the most played files in your Library. If other files get played more they'll show on that AutoPlaylist.
That answers my query?
Barry4679 wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:20 am But from what I see here, that playlist seems to be broken.
The playlist being discussed doesn't seem to be hard wired to show the most recent plays.

It shows tracks rated for than 4 stars, and has a list of secondary selection options.
"Played Recently" is one of those options, but there are a lot of alternative options eg.Lowest Duration, or highest Bitrate.
I get the same tracks selected regardless of what selection option I chose.

Is there something I don't understand?
Rob_S

Post by Rob_S »

Barry, I was going to try and check this out, but can no longer see the OP image showing his playlist setup.

Myself I do not have any playlist called Favorites, only one called most played - assume similar.

If I change the criteria in mine, the files being displayed do update to reflect my selection.

I wanted to create an exactly matching one, to see what it does for me.
Using 5.1 LATEST alpha or beta build on Windows 10, HP laptop, managing 13k tracks
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

Rob_S wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 5:20 pm Barry, I was going to try and check this out, but can no longer see the OP image showing his playlist setup.
Myself I do not have any playlist called Favorites, only one called most played - assume similar.
If I change the criteria in mine, the files being displayed do update to reflect my selection.
I wanted to create an exactly matching one, to see what it does for me.
Thanks for trying to check my anomaly report Rob.
As you can see the (presumably?) *paid* support provided no response, not even after a "bump" to the thread.

I don't think that he likes many of my opinions about MM5, and "responds" via Passive Aggressive.
I don't care. I can work around him OK. He can do what he likes with his own reputation.

The Playlist that the OP was asking about was called "Favorites - 1 Audio CD Worth (74 min)"
I have it also, so I presume that it is packaged with MM5. or maybe it was imported from MM4?
If you look inside it you will see that it selects tracks >= 4 stars, and also offers various additional "Selected By" options.

The OP reported that the playlist always selected the same albums.
I think That I explained to him what was happening in his case, but I also ran a small experiment, and saw the same thing here. ... ie. if I "Select By" "Added Most Recent" I see the same things that I see when "Added Least Recent" ... all of the Selection options gave me the same albums.

As I write this I think that I know the answer. You reported that it is working OK for you. I now remember that I reset my track ratings to zero, back when I had MM4, as a workaround to the disappointingly limited grid sorting|grouping options in MM4... ie. I could disable grid grouping, only if I set the grid to group on something that had no variation. ... So I probably have very few albums with tracks > 4 stars, meaning that the "Selected By" options are never needed in my case.

Thanks.