Scrolling the Playlist Node with Grid View [#19611]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

IanRTaylorUK

Scrolling the Playlist Node with Grid View [#19611]

Post by IanRTaylorUK »

Version 5.0.4.2690 the current version.

When viewing the "Playlists" node with the "Grid View", moving thru a large list of Playlists (1175) works well using the up-arrow, down-arrow, page-up, left-arrow, down-arrow, page-down etc. provided nothing is selected.

You can navigate from beginning to end of the many (~30) screens of Playlists.

However, I find that if an earlier Playlist is clicked causing the "tick" mark in the upper right of the art work tile then key board navigation become restricted to just a few "rows". In my case 8 Playlists / Tiles per row.

So for example, if I click "A State of Trance" I can only "down-arrow" to Amy Winehouse using the keyboard. Once I have "arrived" at Amy Winehouse, then further keyboard direction clicks don't seem to do much. Using the "right-arrow" is slightly different as I get to America-Back Pages - the same row as Amy but a few Playlists earlier.

However, the mouse wheel works fine and allows me to move "past" Amy.

I consider the PC to have a standard installation of Windows and a new installation of MMW5. I wonder if anyone else - with a significant number of Playlists - observes this behaviour?

I could not find a previous forum post mentioning this, so might be an issue.

Notes: 1175 Playlists of which only 8 are Auto-Playlists; 16 represent date ranges (up to a few hundred tracks) and the remainder Albums (1-6 CDs worth). All 1175 Playlists have artwork assigned i.e. all tracks.
Ian Taylor
Lowlander

Re: Scrolling the Playlist Node with Grid View

Post by Lowlander »

Something isn't working quite right there, added as: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=19611
IanRTaylorUK

Re: Scrolling the Playlist Node with Grid View [#19611]

Post by IanRTaylorUK »

Thanks Lowlander, glad you could see something not quite right.
Ian Taylor
IanRTaylorUK

Re: Scrolling the Playlist Node with Grid View [#19611]

Post by IanRTaylorUK »

Hi Lowlander, just to add a little...

I think I observe similar in almost any tile view when there are a large number of tiles.

For example, Artists / Composers / Publishers.

Artists - gets stuck after a handful of Page Downs or "Right Arrow" but mouse scroll works. Clicking a tile seems to reset and then you get another handful of keyboard movements.

Years - 2020s - Albums - pretty much the same

Location - Main Music Folder - a bit harder to replicate (925 "artist" folders)

A Collection Tile View (e.g. No Lyrics and Played Recently [408 Albums]) - i.e. after initial display and then selecting Albums OR Artists....

Custom Nodes (e.g. Incomplete Albums / Compilations / Albums with Multiple Bit Rates / Albums with Multiple Years)

Hope this helps.
Ian Taylor