MMA crashes on load apparently due to storage permissions

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

bkenobi69

MMA crashes on load apparently due to storage permissions

Post by bkenobi69 »

I've been using MMA for years on several devices. I'm currently running 2.0.0.1057 and when I tried to load today I was getting the screen asking to grant permissions to internal and SD. I granted internal and a superimposed text popped at the bottom saying something like "crash report sent" before MMA closed. I tried again with SD and it again crashed. I tried again and SD was now checked but granting for internal crashed again. I've now tried around a dozen times as fast as I can but no luck. I also tried restarting but no luck.

As I mentioned, this is not a new install and MMA has been working. I suspect that I haven't used MMA in long enough that Android decided to add MMA to "disable unused apps". I am not sure how to check other than to confirm that MMA and MMA Pro are added to the never sleep list. The next step I can try is to delete data and/or uninstall MMA completely and start over. Just hoping this is a known issue with a known solution. The crash reports that were sent were not the MMA crash reports I'm familiar with that give an ID so perhaps they were some kind of play store thing.
bkenobi69

Re: MMA crashes on load apparently due to storage permissions

Post by bkenobi69 »

Having not gotten a response I created a ticket (5307).
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
That should be fixed in upcoming releases of MMA, Android changed some permission request process.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
bkenobi69

Post by bkenobi69 »

Ok good to hear. Any idea of an expected release date? Not critical but i dont enable auto updates so will need to keep a lookout for it.