3D Flow Album View for MM5 - Support & Beta Testing

Get help for different MediaMonkey 5 Addons.

Moderators: jiri, drakinite, Addon Administrators

Thisi

Re: 3D Flow Album View for MM5 - Support & Beta Testing

Post by Thisi »

Found your MM5 plugin only yesterday. I am using MM4 with MonkeyFlow for years already and in fact the missing Album Flow was what kept me from upgrading to Version 5 until now. This defintely is a great addition to MM5, well done :) .

Just one thing is bugging me and I wonder if that is only me? Even though it says in the 1st post:
> You can navigate the view by scrolling the mouse wheel, pressing arrow keys ...
the arrow keys are not working fo me. Since they do work in MM4 with MonkeyFlow I am so used to scrolling with keys that I am getting frustrated every time I try it before realizing that they do not work.

B.t.w. I am running on version 5.0.4.2690 of MM and 1.1.3 on 3D album flow if that matters.

Is there any configuration or anything else that I am missing to make them work?
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

Thanks for reporting this: Something must have changed which breaks arrow key navigation. Gonna look into it...
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
Thisi

Post by Thisi »

Oh, and I didn't even think it was a bug.
Thanks for looking into it drakinite .
zuloo

Post by zuloo »

Hello,

installed MM 5.0.4.2690 and 3D Album Flow 1.1.3. 3D Album Flow also appears in the list of installed addons, but I don't get an entry in the views. Do I have to activate it somehow? The Test with WebGL on the first Post works.

Greetz
Last edited by zuloo on Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Breizil29

Post by Breizil29 »

Hello everyone, I can't launch 3D-album-view, I have a screenshot of the message coming in but I can't post it to the forum.

Vue 3D : Error: Error creating WebGL context
Last edited by Breizil29 on Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 am, edited 4 times in total.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
a) "Error creating WebGL context" Is usually GPU Driver error where MM can't Render/Send WebGL(OpenGL for browsers) commands to GPU to create Hardware accelerated 3D Surfaces.

b) What GPU you have as it is possible that Chromium(Chrome too) flagged your GPU as too old to have GPU Acceleration.

Try upgrade drivers, Also you can Make https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html Screenshots and/or hardware report that you can ZIP and attach to Support ticket where we can analyze and help you more.

EDIT: For testing you can also do this, Right click on WEB Tree node -> Add Bookmark -> Paste "https://get.webgl.org/" and/or " chrome:gpu" to WEB link and as Title set "WebGL Test". After you do taht you can open that page in MM5 as a bookmark under WEB tree node.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Breizil29

Post by Breizil29 »

It's solved, I updated NVIDIA drivers.

Thank you
Last edited by Breizil29 on Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Luckily, that sometimes simplest solution is teh right solution.

Happy Monkeying!!!
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
YetAnotherLondonder

How to activate 3D Album flow?

Post by YetAnotherLondonder »

I have installed the 3D Album flow addon but I can't quite understand how to activate it.

The page https://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/brow ... lbum-view/ just says
click the Views dropdown on the top-right of the main panel and select 3D Album View

I'm sure it's me being thick, but what on earth does this even mean? Can you provide a screenshot? I can't find this anywhere

If I click the drop down towards the top right of the main pane, the only options are:
Views:
browser
grid
list
list (by album)
View elements:
column filter
status bar
Is this where the £d addon should be?
If I go on tools --addon I see "3d flow album view" is installed
Lowlander

Re: How to activate 3D Album flow?

Post by Lowlander »

That's it, it depends on where you are if this is available though. What node in the Media Tree are you viewing?
YetAnotherLondonder

Post by YetAnotherLondonder »

I'm afraid I don't quite follow. What do you mean by node?

I did look at your link and I confess I didn't understand anything. Linux documentation from 20 years ago seems clearer :)

What is a node, which nodes show the 3d flow, which don't, why. and where (if anywhere at all) is any of this documented?

I see "playing" on the far right and at the far left I see a column with: "home, playing, music, playlists, folders, etc"

Thank you!
Thisi

Post by Thisi »

Is there any news regarding the arrow keys not working, Drakinite?
By now I also found that my MultiMedia Remote is not working as well because of this.
So I would really be interested in a workaround or some such or even better some fix to get it back to work :D .
addison10404

Post by addison10404 »

Hello, I recently switched from mm4 to mm5 I'm really enjoying all the upgrades and features. One thing I did notice with this addon is the sorting works in the full view of 3D album flow but in the view I use (browser view) the album images are listed in alphabetical order and I prefer to list them by date. Is there a trick to sorting it in this view or is it a problem in the skin possibly?

Thank you~
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

Hey, sorry to everyone for the delay.
Thisi wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 7:40 am Is there any news regarding the arrow keys not working, Drakinite?
By now I also found that my MultiMedia Remote is not working as well because of this.
So I would really be interested in a workaround or some such or even better some fix to get it back to work :D .
I've now released version 1.1.6 which has fixed arrow the arrow key functionality.
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

addison10404 wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 12:43 am Hello, I recently switched from mm4 to mm5 I'm really enjoying all the upgrades and features. One thing I did notice with this addon is the sorting works in the full view of 3D album flow but in the view I use (browser view) the album images are listed in alphabetical order and I prefer to list them by date. Is there a trick to sorting it in this view or is it a problem in the skin possibly?

Thank you~
I didn't understand what you were asking at first, but now I see what you mean. I've released version 1.1.7 which now respects the "Sort by" inside the artist browser view.