"Scanning folders to the library" loses tracks

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

gordol

"Scanning folders to the library" loses tracks

Post by gordol »

At intervals unpredictable to me, MMA2 will start a background task of scanning folders to the library. When this happens, it can last anywhere from 5 minutes to over an hour. And then it will do this several times a day for no apparent reason, then nothing for several days. The last time it did this, the next to play track got skipped as not found. Samsung Music Player was able to play the same track without issue. I did not capture a log, sorry. It might have become available again after the scan finished, I don't know. I synced the thing later before I thought to check.

I do not add tracks directly to the phone, nor do I have anything that would write to MMA's database or playlists, there is no reason in my setup for MMA2 to scan the folders for new or changed content, all that that is handled through syncing with MMW. So, I'm asking for a setting to turn this off and for that to actually turn off (unlike turning off album art lookups in MMA1 does not turn off album art lookups [which cost me at one point over 3000 tracks' art...]).
Lowlander

Re: "Scanning folders to the library" loses tracks

Post by Lowlander »

[Edit] Whenever MMA is in the foreground or playing, it checks for changes to the library. If there aren't any changes, the scan should just take a few seconds. If that's not the case...

Please send a debug log from MMA when either long scanning or skipped file problems happen and reply here with the logID's.